News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Anyone in Christchurch NZ want go for a ride?

Started by jim328, March 08, 2010, 06:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim328

My bike is finally getting complianced and registered on friday. Anyone keen for a ride in the weekend or some other time? I was thinking Akaroa on Sunday but keen any other time.

The Prophet of Doom

Yes, I'm in.

I need to fix a leak in the MC, but it's just the cover that has stripped out a screw, a bit of insulation tape should seal it up enough for the day.  Suggest we meet at Iains in Lyttelton and go that way.  I'll head over from Sumner and we can pick up Paul at the turnoff to Gebbies Pass

10:30 at Iains?

R

jim328

Black Rarebit

Should see you all just before 11 then. Weather prospects look good!

Rikugun

I'm a new member and was poking around the various forums and the title of this one caught my eye. Christchurch NZ - isn't close to where Burt Monroe was from? The Vellocette and Indian rider who held speed records?
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: Rikugun on April 27, 2010, 08:55:38 PM
I'm a new member and was poking around the various forums and the title of this one caught my eye. Christchurch NZ - isn't close to where Burt Monroe was from? The Vellocette and Indian rider who held speed records?
Burt Munro came from Invercargill, about 7 hours drive south from here.  I picked my bike up from there, about two blocks from where Burt lived.  As far as I know Christchurch is the southern most place where there are XZ550s in the world