News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Wire connections.

Started by lexx790, March 23, 2010, 09:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexx790

I took a shed load of pictures but cannot see where the black battery wire is earthed onto.
There's also a black wire from the loom by the TCI, where is this one connected ?
Thanks
Simon

Tiger

RE:...but cannot see where the black battery wire is earthed onto.It fastens to the engine...Look between the left side engine cover and drive unit cover...where the stator wires come out and up a wee bit. The screw you need is in there... ;)

RE:There's also a black wire from the loom by the TCI, where is this one connected ?The only single black wire in that area, is for the right side rear signal indicator.

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

lexx790

Thanks Tiger,will attach tonight.

RE:There's also a black wire from the loom by the TCI, where is this one connected ?The only single black wire in that area, is for the right side rear signal indicator.
That ones already connected, this one is extra to that and has ring connection on it.

Night Vision

Quote from: lexx790 on March 23, 2010, 03:00:34 PM
Thanks Tiger,will attach tonight.

That ones already connected, this one is extra to that and has ring connection on it.

it may be an extra ground someone was running to the battery.. does it reach that far?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Brian Moffet

I'm at work so I can't look things up, but isn't there a ground wire that attaches to the frame up at the left coil?

Brian

Tiger

Quote from: Brian Moffet on March 23, 2010, 07:32:27 PM
... isn't there a ground wire that attaches to the frame up at the left coil?

Brian

:) Yes there is Brian...
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Tiger on March 23, 2010, 09:32:33 PM
:) Yes there is Brian...

Well, I was sort of hoping that some one would look at the wiring loom and determine whether that was the connection in question, seeing as it has a ring as mentioned...   ::)

However, I just looked and it appears that the wire for that connection comes out of the loom where it splits in two, right where the triple tree is.  So, that's not it...

Brian

lexx790

Yes this one comes out where the loom splits for the TCI / relays and indicators.
I've replaced the ring tempoarily with an insulated end connection until I'm sure where it goes.
I thought it might be a ground to the frame, its only about 4" long from the loom.

Re-Vision

Simon, I've looked at several harnesses from working and non-working bikes. Black and green connections go to rt rear turn signal and yellow and brown wires connect to rear brake switch. Black,brown, and green wires are terminated with insulated female jacks. The only ring connector is located at ground (earth) near left coil. Possibly someone had a poor ground at rear of bike and ran their own ground at rear of bike. This black wire is buried approximately 12 inches up the loom and is crimped to several other black wires, ideal conditions for faulty connections.   BDC