Good Friday Ride....

Started by Tiger, April 01, 2010, 07:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) Good Friday meet/Ride info'.......

We will meet on Friday at Tim Horton's in Mississauga...401/Mississauga Road...just North of the 401 on the East side...for 9.30 a.m.

Up to now we have: Eleven people, nine bikes...

Canadian_Lou, Kev10104 & Tammy, Art & Bonnie, Brent, Fiddlesticks, Paul, Big Barrie, 'Raj & ME!!.............. 8)

Are you coming too... :-\

8).......TIGER........ 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

YellowJacket!

I'll be riding with ya'll too....except all the way down here in TN.  Its gonna be another ride to work day for me.  Was gorgeous today.  Took the long way home.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

don_vanecek

Well I had a nice ride today, went over to the Desoto Bend wildlife refuge, had to wait for some geese to cross the road, abit windy however and we still need a good hard rain to finish getting the winter sand off the road. Well, the forecast for my part of NE is rain all day Friday, so I may get that wish! The Vision is running just great!

kev10104

I was out today dropping one of Tigers cubs off and what a beautiful day of riding.Looking forward to tomorrow.

Raj1988

Brilliant day, brilliant ride
Sad that i had to leave early
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Tiger

:) Great day out with 13 girls and boys and a mixed bunch of rides...Goldwing, Harley, Gixer, Vulcan, Virago, Suzi and a sprinkling of Visions.

Only low point was a wee bit of mixed communication between Canadian_Lou and I at an intersection!!!...and "The Mistress and I paid the penalty and ended up down on the pavement :o :o !!! "The Mistress" now sports with pride her 2010 battle scars to start the season... Scar to upper fairing, bust signal indicator and a couple of scrape marks to the right side foot pegs, hard bag, etc...nothing to bad I'm pleased to say. Me, hmmmmmmmmmm, right knee is up like a balloon and now wrapped with an ice pack...(I felt it "give" when I went down), a couple of minor scratches/road rash marks to the legs and right elbow...thankfully, due to wearing the right gear I got away lightly. Certainly nothing to warrant leaving the ride, which was at its early stages...LOL

Thanks to all for a great day out... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

that sucks..
need any parts?

I don't have extra knees, and I'm fresh outta fairngs  :-\
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

kev10104

It was a great day for the ride with great people.Hope your knee is better buddy.

Raj1988

I repeat again, Brilliant fall. Your instincts are just spot on, You tucked into  roll even before you hit the ground. It definitely reduced risk of some broken bones. I hope,if and when i go down (knock on wood), i can react just as effectively!!
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Cdnlouie

It was a beautiful day with quite a gang of riders.  Almost everyone in the neighbourhood turned out.  Tiger was as nimble as could be in a very dicey situation saving at least two of us from potential disaster.  I managed to get home a bit prematurely but safely with a toasted stator.  My spidey senses were tingling when the voltage became a bit erratic into the afternoon and I headed for the barn.  I pulled the headlight fuse and managed a fine trip back (even taking the scenic route) coaxing the last bit of voltage out of the windings.  Amazing that it still charged enough to run (about 13.3 volts going back)after all three leads were shorted out to ground.

Checked it out this week and "she was black as the night and louie was whiter than white," one coil had the insulation burnt completely off with bare wires all melted together.  Quite a picture!  That's number 3 for me in 50,000 clicks.  Every 15,000 km plus or minus a 1000, they should have put that in the maintenance chart from Yamaha.

She's back with a "new to me" stator from Suzuki so we will see how that works out.  I used the occasion to strip and polish my side cover to a nice shine, kind of makes you feel good about the stator afterwards.

Lookin forward to our next run together,

Louie