Davenport Iowa, Sept 2, 3 swap meet and show

Started by don_vanecek, April 27, 2010, 06:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don_vanecek

Any visionaries going to Davenport swap meet, show in Sept?  I'm hoping to go with a few of the VJMC members here in Omaha. See the event and we will man a VJMC booth. I hope to ride to it but at this time I can't really guarantee I can even work it out, but I hope so.   

don_vanecek

I'm just bumping this up, same weekend I'm afraid as the xs650 meet in Wisconsin, I will be at the VJMC booth if I'm not out on the grounds or a ride-I do plan to ride the Vision accross Iowa and back for this. I sort of hoped to also go to Minneapolis on Sunday but my kid there has other plans for the week end (I was hoping to ride up along the Mississippi river-looked like a nice ride) so I guess it's just back to NE on Sunday.

Come and say hi if any of you are there. 

don_vanecek

Well gang I'm climbing on the old Vision tommorrow morning and heading across Iowa. Now this is for fun not for speed, I don't care if it takes me 10 or 11 hours (yes, in a four wheeler down I-80 this would be a four and one half hour drive). I'm going to drive the Lincoln Highway out (US 30) and on Sunday drive Iowa state road 92 back. I am told the Blackhawk show I'm going to is quite an event. If anyone were to come to it I will be at the VJMC table or one of those guys there can call me on my cell phone, unless I go on a ride of some sort my Vision should be parked there also. Afraid my hoped for ride up to Minneapolis bombed out, my kid had already made other plans.

The V has been running great, gave it a good cleaning, changed the oil, tires are good, I expect no problems. Now what I need to worry about is that a cold front coming though tonight will not stall out and keep moving east and hopefully I will not catch up with it and have to drive though rain.

I plan to takes lots of pictures of both the ride and vintage bikes I see on the way and at the show, I want to see if I can compose another story and see if I can get published again-although I almost don't see how I can top the story of the 25th anniversary ride!

If I have any internet access I will post a time or two on my progress!   

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

don_vanecek

Well I made it accross Iowa today and only got a mile or two of light rain. The Vision ran perfect. You cannot believe all the people here. Sorry, no pictures we could not figure out how to compress them.

More later!

don_vanecek

Friday evening, first day over. No other Vision's other then mine, I found no Vision parts among the hundreds of venders. In my opinion there is mostly a lot of junk for sale. There are hundreds of bikes here including many restored metric bikes, Brit bikes, beemers and hundreds of harley products. My buddies tell me they think they saw a red Vision pull in for the races as we were leaving. Talked to guy looking for a Vision tank, he was apparently a worker with a dealership fixing one up to sale, wished him good luck and referred him to the ROV. Two other people talked to me about having owned a Vision for some period of time.

Well, we shall see what Saturday brings.