Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Friday 13th...

Started by Tiger, July 27, 2010, 04:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) Friday 13th, Port Dover Ride... 8)

http://www.pd13.com/

I've taken the day off work, so I'm in for sure ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

:-\ Who else...

8)...IN... 8)

8)...Tiger & Cathy.
8)...Kev & Tammy.
8)...Art & Bonnie.
8)...Geoff & Sharon.

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Tiger

:) Those that may be interested in this ride, we will meet Friday morning at 9.30 a.m... Breezy Corners Restaurant, Freelton, on Hwy #6, between Hwy 401 and Hwy 403. Breakfast, fuel up and off we go to Port Dover... 8)

Its a great day out......

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

kev10104

Told work I wouldn't be in and didn't wait for the reply so To me that's the day off.I'm in.

Tiger

vadasz1

I'm not sure WHAT is going to be happening until then.   
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Raj1988

ya'll need to be posting pictures!!! The rest of us saps feel pretty left behind what with all the Vision rides going on!!!!
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

fiddlesticks

This is the down side of having a boss that rides. I asked him weeks ago if I could book one of the 5 million days he owes me for that date, and the first thing he says is "That wouldn't happen to be so u can go to Fri the 13th is it?"  Then follows a bunch of bs about how its not a good time and blablabla.As this point I was reminded of the peanuts cartoon where the teacher is talking to Charlie Brown's class.  >:(
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

Tiger

8)...Geoff & Sharon are in 8)

:-\ Fid', I feel a 'sicky' comin' on girl... ;)

fiddlesticks

Sure. But if you guys see me without warning run for the hills don't worry. It just means I spotted him in the crowd. Cuz Im sure he will book the time off. The jerk.
1 Black 82 Virago 750

Tiger

:) Anyone else coming to join in this Friday 13th bike fest... :-\

Tiger

:) WOW!!, if the press is to be believed, this sleepy little town (Port Dover) of some 3,500 residents, took in some 100,000 bikes for the 50th anniversary biker bash yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!

The line up, to get in to town, started several miles back :o This is a day when, unless you live in Port Dover, NOOOOOO cars/vans/trucks, etc, are allowed in. The police have roadblocks set up at EVERY road in to town...read the sign buddy...BIKES ONLY 8)

I'm pleased that I fitted a rad' fan over ride switch, which does help some. A couple of times, on a hot day and the motor idling in stop/start traffic for several miles, with a huge line up of bikes behind me, "The Mistress" stalled out and was a wee bitch to fire up again :-[ :o ::) but start she did!!!

Once parked up, (at around noon'ish), with a wee walk into town, the first stop was at one of the many watering holes :o ;)...one of several beer/entertainment tents that are set up around town, who had an AC/DC tribute band up on stage...and good they were too...as was that first drink 8)

We had a wander around town...the sights and sounds of bikes, bikes and many more bikes was nonstop. Cruisers, tourers, sport bikes, sport/tourers, motards, choppers, etc, etc...just about every make and model ever made in the past 30+ years was represented 8)

There were tons of street vender's selling everything bike...'T' shirts, badges/patches, jackets, pants, helmets, gloves, bike trailers, lotions & potions to clean yer ride, etc etc....

Food sustenance came via one or two of the hundreds of food vender's drafted in to keep everyone fed/satisfied ;D :D :D :D

We finally left Port Dover around 7.30 p.m. for the journey home...arriving a little before 10.00 p.m....a little tired and sunburnt!!!

Thanks to our wee band for a great day out...Art & Bonnie, Geoff & Sharon, Dave, Cathy & I. We met up with Nelson toward the end but missed Fiddlesticks and co as well as wee Barre and friends.

8).......TIGER....... 8)

vadasz1

I'm so pissed that I couldn't make it. Looks like you had a fantastic time.  Wish I could get my bike running again, but I think I have to wait till Cndlouie comes back from vacation.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Tiger

:) Up-Date...

WOW...according to one newspaper, there were 180,000 bikes that made Port Dover!!!!!!!!!!!!

fiddlesticks

It's no big surprise we couldn't find you guys with that many people there. But we're sad we missed you . My cell had no service until we left town.  I got 10 or 12 text messages from several people we had been trying to hook up with all day as soon as we were up the hill and heading off.  :(
But an amazing day just the same.  ;D
1 Black 82 Virago 750