News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

first ride

Started by Hartless, May 05, 2010, 09:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartless

so today i decided to take my vision out for the first ride that was longer than a mile or two. today was to be a perfect day because the weather was supposed to be good. the bike did well (except for the fact its still idling at 4000 rpm) and i was having a blast . then i decided to ride to my cousins house. well thats when it started hailing and raining lol. then when i got there i let my cousin take the bike out for a bit and it started over heating? turned on the fan and let it cool down a bit and all is ok ....so far. weather clears up and i head to my girlfriends for dinner , then it starts pouring. im soaked lol we will see how the ride home is! hahaha
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

Night Vision

you do know there is a thumb screw to adjust the idle?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

h2olawyer

Congratulations!   8)

Looks like there's a motorcycle corollary to the "New Telescope Curse".  When a person gets a new telescope, the weather is guaranteed to be at least cloudy for days or even weeks (could be months in Seattle) after taking delivery.  You got a great dose of the "First Ride Curse" - even hail!   ;D  I encountered a heavy rain storm riding home from the dealer the day I bought my V new back in '84.  Guess it makes for a more memorable first impression.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Hartless

hah yea its ok im always cursed with stuff like that , im just glad that i can ride it now lol. and yes i know there is a throttle thumb screw. i can mess with that all day and it doesnt make a difference. i just need to go through and clean everything on the bike. the person who had it before me was an idiot haha
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

vadasz1

Also make sure the throttle tension screw is adjusted correctly. You may have it to tight at the throttle end.

I too had to ride home in +5 Celcius weather and it was snowing too, when I rode home for the first time.  Also 30KPH side winds didn't help this newbie keep his shorts clean for too long when travelling at 100 KPH.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.