News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Strange brace on carbs

Started by Don minor, March 30, 2004, 07:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don minor

???My Vision is running.But the Vision stumble is getting pretty nasty.I roll the throttle and wait.About a half a second delay and I'm doing wheelies.
  I pulled the carbs off my parts bike to clean them.All was going well until I had a part left over at the end.I know that drinking beer and dipping carbs don't mix,but I did get it finished.The part I had left is about 6 inches long and has a hole in each end.There isn't one on my daily driver.I checked Yamaha's web site and no joy.I also checked Lucky's site.I'm still have no idea.By the way there are also 2 straight slot screws along with the part.
   Does anyone have any idea.As of now the carbs look just like the ones on my daily driver.
Don

Rick G

sounds like the butterfly link rod.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Lucky

That bar goes on the right side of the carbs  The rear carb mount is under the idle adjusting screw, same spot on the front carb. the curved part faces down & in. ?if your mixing carb parts, not all 82's are drilled for this brace.  the slotted screws are a different thread too.

after seperating carbs from the braces, you must re-synq.
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Don Minor

:DThanks Lucky!
  The bar fit right where you said.
   I dipped the carbs so I could put them on my daily driver. They will get sync'ed.
Thanks again,
Don