News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Farewell to Dennis Hopper

Started by Lucky, May 29, 2010, 11:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

Dennis Hopper passed away today, he was my all-time favorite actor, he brought incredible reality to the characters he played. starting his career with James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause, he was a true 'bad boy'. Easy Rider brought him fame, & he went on to define the villain/drugged out hippee & just plain creepy roles in Bonnie and Clyde, Apocalypse Now, Blue Velvet, etc

Oh and as Victor Drazen, Jacks first nemisis on "24"

Ride Easy Dennis....
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

YellowJacket!

Awesome role in Apocolypse Now.  Just a great actor.  Deserves much more coverage than Gary Coleman.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Night Vision

he wasn't lookin too well towards the end....

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

funkamongus

Oooh, I had that once.. Little penicillin cleared it right up. Good for dates, though.
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

don_vanecek

Last time I saw "Easy Rider" was in Colorado at the 25th anniversary ride. Don't remember who brought the movie. Talk was-not that we know any of this for fact-was that those choppers handled like crap and the bikes are not going as fast as they may seem in the movie.

Always get a chuckle out of the one scene where they come roaring into a motel parking lot and without even getting off the bikes or shutting them down yell at the manager for a room, he then proceeds to put up his no vacancy sign, I know their obnoxious behavior fit the plot and theme of the movie but I sure didn't blame the motel owner for not serving them.

Notice how the movie sort of ignores what appears to be small gas tanks that sure would have given those guys a short range-it probably would have felt good to get off those baby's real often.

Ah, but every time the song comes on, "get your motor running"  I always think of that scene in the movie....and dream a moment....!

It was nice knowing ya Dennis!     

funkamongus

I just watched it, a week ago, oddly enough. I enjoyed him as an actor.
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Rikugun

As far as comfort goes they both look awful but I'd opt for Dennis' ride over that ridiculous ape-hanger equipped "Captain America" Peter was riding.

With both being hard tails, I'm guessing you'd be prayin' for that peanut tank to run dry just to get off the bike and rest your kidneys for a spell.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan