News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Ottawa run July 3rd

Started by fiddlesticks, June 10, 2010, 10:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiddlesticks

Hey there boys and girls. Who wants to do an Ottawa run?  In so far we have:

Fidd
Lyn+1
Paul

We are leaving bright and early Saturday morning, and planning  a good 6-8 hours of riding the great backroads out there before heading into Ottawa.  We are going to stay the night there, but anyone who comes and has to head back Saturday is more than welcome to do so. Sunday will be more of the same heading in a Torontly direction. (Torontoly? Is that a word? If it isn't it should be)

Anyone interested please let us know if you will be joining and I will send more detailed info on the meet time/place for Saturday as soon as we hash it out. Last year we had a great time, and the roads north of Ottawa are spectacular.
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

fiddlesticks

Looks like its shaping up to be  a good turnout.
We've got :
me
Paul
Lyn
Andrew
Jason
Geoff and Sharon

All we need now is for mother nature to cooperate :)
1 Black 82 Virago 750

Tiger

:) Sorry about missing this ride... :'( ...prior engagement I'm afraid. Have a grrrrrreat weekend  8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

fiddlesticks

Perfectly Understandable. It is the long(ish) weekend. We'll take some pics for u. ;D Too bad u can't make it though. Some beautiful roads out there.
1 Black 82 Virago 750

fiddlesticks

One more sleeps till Ottawa featuring Calabogie.  We'll take lots of pics, so you guys that couldn't make it will know what your missing.
Hope everyone had a great Canada Day.
1 Black 82 Virago 750

kev10104

Have a great ride everyone.

vadasz1

They already did Kev.  Look at the date... 8)
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

kev10104

Well then I hope your ride was enjoyable.lol.Thanks buddy.Been a while since I had a chance to go on here.

fiddlesticks

You guys missed a fantastic weekend. And we missed u all too. The only thing that could have made the trip any better would have been a couple visions with us  ;D.

Lyn took the job of road captain and picked an incredible route. Myself, Paul, Lyn, Andrew Geoff + Sharon, and Jason set off from the Rougemount Grill in Pickering with full bellies Saturday am and arrived at the hotel in Ottawa just after 6pm. It was a warm ride but nothing a cannonball into the hotels pool couldn't fix. The evenings highlights included a hot tub, a trip to the market for dinner, ice cream, and an unforgettable trip to Amigos kareoke bar  (which was stagering distance from the hotel)  for "just one more beer" and several more laughs.

Sunday we departed after a late breakfast around 11 am and hit the twisties again for another full day of beautiful scenery.  We arrived home at roughly 10pm with very numb bottoms. The weather couldn't have been better, and we put on a total of 1083.4 km with no spills, accidents  or breakdowns. Pictures will follow in the next couple days.

1 Black 82 Virago 750

vadasz1

Glad you guys had a great time.  Hopefully next time I can make it out.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

kev10104

I am glad you all had an enjoyable and safe ride.Sorry we missed it.

fiddlesticks

We're sorry you missed it too Kev. A ride is never the same without you and Tam. 

Hey Tiger, regarding your previous engagement, how was the parade anyway?
1 Black 82 Virago 750