News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

SUPERVISION TRACKDAY VIDEO

Started by supervision, June 22, 2010, 10:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supervision

Search,youtube video:  flat track rat pack, see what you think. I'm the one in the yellow chest protector
" border="0

h2olawyer

Cool video!  Looks like y'all had a great time.  Track looks like it's great with some decent elevation changes.  you moved up through the pack well in one of the runs!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

supervision

Thanks for checking it out, H2.  That's a group that meets every Sat. am, to ride the Holister TT  track.  That morning John said, hey lets stage some starts, race acouple corners, then everyone regroup, off camera so it will look close for the next shot.  The starts were wild, but fun. Two people took a turn with the camera.  The last seires of starts, you see John kick'n everybodys butt, on his xl 125, with a 200 motor!
" border="0

Ron_McCoy

Fun Nelson, fun. That kind of  stuff can be addicting.

supervision

ON ANY SATURDAY,,,, about 10am   Hey Ron, Dwight got a VISION, fairly good shape shouldn't take too long to be rideable.
" border="0

Ron_McCoy

Cool! I knew we'd get him hooked eventuallly.

supervision

vmiester was at Dwight's friday nite helping Dwight get the hang of it, being a new V owner and all. The next morning Vmiester called me from his house and said let's ride clyde!  We met at Valley Springs, then over to Hwy 26 and up to 88. After racing all the cars to nearly the top Meister was starving so we whipped it into Kirk Wood Station, for lunch. The place was packed, I convinced him to go on to Marklevile which was were we had a great time on the poarch in the shade.
" border="0

VisionMeister

Great ride Saturday. Kind of a reverse of the fall 06 CROV ride. Hwy 88 to 89 to Hwy 4, two passes, not too hot.
I was totally exhausted when I got home.

Dwight is on a steep learning curve with the V. He's never seen downdraft carbs like the Vee has. I gave him my manual so at least he has some reference for specs.
The owner thought the stator was out. It had a brand new battery and wouldn't turn over. Turns out the starter was locked up. Dwight had a rebuild kit at his shop. Once he had the starter spinning and the motor running the votmeter showed 14v so no stator issues.
He should have a rideable V in the next couple of weeks.

motoracer8

Craig, Give me a 2/3 days notice next time you take a ride, Have'nt had the V out much this year yet.

Ken G.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

VisionMeister

I can ride most Saturdays because my wife works weekends.
I am planning to go to Auburn to the CVJMC meet. I may ride my triple over via Salmon Falls Rd. I'll see how I feel after doing a business/car trip to Oregon next week.
The 24th would be a good day. I'd like to do the hwy 49 to Downieville and Feather River Canyon return that you suggested.
I'm pretty free to ride most weekends except, I do have a businees trip to Houston coming up that will probabl involve the last weekend of July. That schedule is not set yet.

Regards