sidestand switch

Started by kev10104, June 21, 2010, 07:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2olawyer

No apologies necessary, Rick.  I am in agreement!  Had a diatribe prepared but will spare y'all the verbosity.   :D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

inanecathode

I can't find the shrugging smiley: http://tinyurl.com/23sj5lu so i'll use this one  :police:
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

kiawrench

well, i guess i am in trouble again--- i took inane's advice---- not the part about the idle jets, ---- the first part.     

guess my neighbors didnt think it was a good thing to do in full daylight!!   

roflmao
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

inanecathode

Quote from: kiawrench on June 29, 2010, 06:44:02 PM
well, i guess i am in trouble again--- i took inane's advice---- not the part about the idle jets, ---- the first part.     

guess my neighbors didnt think it was a good thing to do in full daylight!!   

roflmao

Close your blinds first, damhik.
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.

kiawrench

lol,,, they got me for indecent exposure-- turned me loose right away--- lack of evidence.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Lucky

You know Kia, That just shows your nuts!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

jasonm.

Quote from: Lucky on June 27, 2010, 10:47:02 AM
Quote from: jasonm. on June 25, 2010, 07:00:05 PM
This is the easiest bike to put on the center. Anyone over 5'2" and 110# should be able to do it.

Lol, tell that to my wife (5' 7", 108 lbs)  I guess that 3 pounds makes all the difference..  :)

She can Alllmmmooossst get it on the stand....
Fact- your legs are at least 5 x stronger than your arms. Use your legs and not your arms and it POPS up. Push down w/right leg of stand arm... Pull up and to the right at hand hold with right arm gently. Steady w/left arm. In reality you are rolling it backwards. And the stand lifts. Hell I can get mine on the center stand stradling it. AND I am under 5'9". Guess I will need to send a video out.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Lucky

Ok, so now she wants to know how to get it off the center stand, lol...  I rock it forward with one hand on the brake till it tips forward, then ease it down with the front brake.

she looks like she's jumping up & down on the thing! :)  love to watch her try though!!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rick G

Put your left foot in front of the center stand (to trip it)and push forwards on both bars . Finger on the front brake is a nice touch too!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Ron_McCoy

Get on, start it up, put it in gear, rock it forward and ride it away.

Rikugun

QuoteGet on, start it up, put it in gear, rock it forward and ride it away

I do that with my Kawi all the time. Having just got my Vision roadworthy I soon found myself at the gas station. I decided to leave via the "rock it off the centerstand and hit the pavement rolling method" in an awesome show of bike handling prowess. I should have practiced first somewhere with less people watching. And no island with pumps to run into. It was a little embarrassing.  :-[
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

kev10104

It sure gave me a laugh this morning.I had to read that to the whole family.Sorry about that and I hope everything is ok.