News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

#21...WITH PICTURES!!!

Started by Tiger, July 05, 2010, 08:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cdnlouie

I was impressed with the finished product Tiger!  That bike is definitely well above average  :o and a final finish coat of paint (the easiest of things to do by a decent paint shop), would put that bike is the totally beautiful category.  You have woven the experience and techniques of over 20 Vision resurrections and it really shows.

Looking forward to riding with your brother  ;D,

Raj1988

Cecil... Some people actually like more than one colour on their bikes :!!!!\ :P
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Re-Vision

I think that suggestion had more to do with the partial custom paint job rather than color of fairing or sidecovers.    BDC

Rikugun

Very nice! The original tool bag is a nice touch but no strap? I like the fork brace a lot and how the exhaust allows the drive unit to be unobscured. Is that the "Sport" fairing?
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Raj1988

Yes, that is the 1/4 Yamaha sport fairing

Raj1988

Quote from: Re-Vision on September 21, 2010, 12:15:55 PM
I think that suggestion had more to do with the partial custom paint job rather than color of fairing or sidecovers.    BDC

Sorry, should have clarified.. Inside joke... every time he sees my bike he tells me to get a proper paint job... The man likes a clean bike... and boy your should see his!!!

i could use the stator cover as a shaving mirror

Tiger

Quote from: Rikugun on September 21, 2010, 10:15:52 PM
...but no strap?

:) Yes there is...I had it off at that point...but has now been added...  ;)

Regarding the paint work...
The only part that is 'rattle can' is the gas tank. The original gas tank, which was painted to match the plastics, suffered badly, after a couple of years sitting in a shed, during red hot summers and freezing cold winters, with a quarter tank of gas...the paint delaminated in large chunks...This will under go a respray, (Black Gloss), during the winter period but doesn't have a cat in hells chance of being matched to the plastics which where custom hand designed/painted..

The fairing was painted Metalic Silver, by vadazs1, in his shop for another Vision...however, I decided not to fit it at that time. This to will be resprayed Gloss Black, during the winter.

The rear foot pegs are off of an '8? Yamaha FZ/FZR, I think... :-\

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

YellowJacket!

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Tiger

Quote from: YellowJacket! on September 24, 2010, 11:44:51 AM
Outstanding job Tiger!

David

:) Thank you David, much appreciated.

Since the pictures I have also added, to the rear inner fender, the oem fuse box label that shows which fuse is for what...Glued it on and then put clear tape over to protect it.

I have also added a volt meter... :o ::)... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Tiger

:) This wee girl won't see the road this year, so I delivered her to my brother to go in to his garage for the winter lay up. This also gives him time to get his bike license sorted for next spring ;)

It has been a real fun project to do with my brother... 8)

I'm looking forward to having him as a riding buddy next season... on his Vision built from a variety of different '82/'83 Vision parts laying around my shop... :o ;D :D :D :D :D... 8)

This winter will be spent on "The Mistress"... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

:) My brother passed the riding test (M2) today, after a weekend attending the riders course... with a perfect score!!!!!!

So now that is out of the way for next season...

8)...CONGRATULATIONS PETER... 8)

Now both of my brothers have acquired their bike licenses this year. Next season will be an even better year of riding... 8)

kev10104

Kevin

Tiger we have the same tastes, the short front turn signals, black swing arm, and the rectifier is in the proper place.

Re-Vision

Has your brother became a ROVer, if not, we hope to hear from him. Wonder if this one-ring circus can handle two tigers? Ha-Ha         BDC

Tiger

Tiger

:) #21 came by on Sunday to pay me a visit... 8)

Peter and I swapped out the master cylinder, which was causing some problems, for another one that I happen to have on the shelf :o ;D :D :D Capped off the YIC's unit and did a couple of bits and pieces to her.

Oh, we also had to drain the oil and change out the oil filter...as the crank case was awash with gas :o :o!!! The petcock was on prime over the winter and gas had leaked out on the floor but also into the motor!!!!!!!! Man, did that give the engine a good flush out ;D :D :D :D :D... ;)...it got rid of a lot of crap ::) Anyhooooo, we got her sorted and she is all ready for the season ahead.

I took her for a quick blast...runs really well.......for a Frankenstein creation!!! ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)

Tiger

:) Since my last post on this thread in April 2011, Peter and I have put on a few thousand great miles together. We also spent a great weekend riding around at Wolf's place in Quebec, that added a few more miles and smiles ;D :D :D :D :D :D 8)

#21 has also gone through several cosmetic changes 8) The sport fairing came off (and eventually went on to #22!!) and a black full fairing acquired from 'Raj, was installed. All the plastic covers were replaced with gloss black ones...and Peter added Gold pin stripes (shades of an American '83!!). Vintage hard bags, discarded by Peter's oldest boy from his Maxim, were added. A great saddle was found and mounted... 8)

With help from some odd plastics from my parts bins, Peter has repainted #21 in a Metalic Blue and Silver. Everything was done except the full fairing, which will get done very soon. 
I was up at his place on Sunday and helped swap out all the plastics and gas tank for the newly painted versions. The '82 footpegs/rear brake pedal/gear shifter were all swapped out for an '83 set.

Once she is all redone, further pictures will be added... 8) Look out for the '#21' touch that Peter has added to his rejuvenated old girl... ;) 8)

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)

Rick G

The working season here, is spring and fall, it can be too cold to work in the shed ,in the winter and way too hot in the summer . unless you start at 11 pm.  I still have that dammed `CB 750 engine on my bench and until I finish it I can't start on the Vision . The VX is doing well , but needs a new fork seal on the left side. I tried for top speed on rt 66 near Seligman. Its around 5200  ft elevation, The VX 800 flattened out at the ton (100)  It just shows how great a performer the Vision is .
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Cdnlouie

Boys will be boys, it sounds like you fellows are having a lot of fun! The second childhood begins for us all, as we dress up our Visions in different clothes everyday. Can't wait to see the final product in the spring.

Good to hear your still stirring the Pot Rick! Get to that 750 engine and let's hear her fire up.  Nothing like the bark of that old four banger single OHC, with a nice four into one header! I miss that sound so much. I just can't get into the sound of the modern fours.

Have fun fellows!   

JohnAMcG

What year is the 750?  My father has a 1970 I think.  It is a Pre-K. There were not very many with that designation, but he knows that engine inside and out, and has one on his stand right now as well. 
-JM