Sport fairings

Started by Agonoize, July 19, 2010, 05:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raj1988

SS may not be the most politically correct name for a Bike... I hear that the Swastika went out of fashion a long time ago
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

QBS

I suspect that for most gearheads SS would translate to "Super Sport".  Political correctness is very bad news.

ejether

The vetter's I've googled up are a little bigger than I'd like.
You know, its all about how my rat bike looks :-)

I like the look of YellowJacket's fairing.
I was also thinking of making one myself some how.

Hartless

well. your still welcome to come by and take a look. i wanna see your bike anyhow
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Raj1988 on July 26, 2010, 09:59:13 PM
SS may not be the most politically correct name for a Bike... I hear that the Swastika went out of fashion a long time ago

???  That was not my intention.  SS is commonly used as the "super sport" as qbs mentioned.  In my case it stood for Star Silver.  Also, the Nazi SS was more like a ZZ anyway.  If the SS was done more like that then I would agree that it would not be correct in doing so.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Raj1988

HAHHAHA, David... i was just being a PIA!!! Wasn't actually trying to give you a hard time!!

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Raj1988 on July 28, 2010, 10:46:26 AM
HAHHAHA, David... i was just being a PIA!!! Wasn't actually trying to give you a hard time!!

8)

David

Rick G

The swastika (reversed ) was a Native American design , long before that bunch of idiots , who started the unpleasantness of the mid fourties , adopted it.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Raj1988

Not sure about the native american but it was/is an Indian hindu (from the eastern hemisphere) a symbol invoking well being and happiness. reversed ofcourse......

It was adopted due to a percieved descent from the Aryans of old.....

fret not

I Have inherited an old Mexican rug that was originally given to my grand parents by a neighbor who lived in Mexico in the '20s.  It has swastikas of both directions and a lot of zig zag lines (lightning).  Definitely pre-dates the nazi use of the symbol.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

The Prophet of Doom

I've spent time in India and Indonesia, there are swastikas everywhere.  It would be like stepping into a war movie if it wasn't for the cows walking everywhere

YellowJacket!

Roro,
I love your new Avatar!

David