OnROV Fall Ride...2010!!!

Started by Tiger, July 20, 2010, 05:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

Quote from: vadasz1 on September 12, 2010, 10:02:32 PM
Well it looks it is over for me this year.  Leaky gas tank again and this will most likely have me put the bike away for the rest of the year.  I will try to see if the spare tank will be usable as it is, but it looks like I won't be attending this weekend at all.

Have fun you guys and watch out for those tar snakes.

:) I'm sure you can patch it for one ride...Cosmetics, cosmetics!!!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Tiger

:) With under a week to go, here is, what appears to be, the final count...including the banquet reservations:

8)...Tiger & Cathy...'82 Vision.
8)...Night_Vision...'82 Vision.
8)...Joe_Vacc...'82 Vision.
8)...Dibal...'82 Vision.
8)...Canadian_Lou...'82 Vision
8)...Watson...'03 Beemer.
8)...Big Barry & Doris...'04 Beemer K1200RS
8)...Wee Barre & Sherry...'04 Shadow.
8)...Lyn...'04 Ninja.
8)...Andrew...'84 Suzi Zepher
8)...Dave...'82 Suzi 550
8)...Geoff & Sharon...'10 Harley.
8)...Art & Bonnie...Harley Elec' Glide.
8)...Ray & Dawn...Suzi Bergman.
8)...Nelson...'0? Katana.

8)...21 in total... 8)

8)........TIGER........ 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Tiger

:) The count down to Saturday begins.... :o

We will be meeting, as usual, at The Breezy Corners Restaurant for 9.30 a.m. Hwy 6, south of Hwy 401 and North of Hwy 403.

After a heart pounding breakfast we can gas the bikes up next door and then we will be heading out to points North ('ish, kinda!!)

Please dress for a fall ride... :-\

The Mandarin Restaurant, (in Brampton), is booked for 4.30 p.m. Those going to the restaurant but not the ride, please be on time .

Here is the updated head count...If your name is not here and you intend coming to the ride and/or banquet please let me know A.S.A.P!!!

8)...Kev & Tammy...'83 Vision
 8)...Paul Ritchie...'82 Vision
 8)...Dibble...'82 Vision
 8)...Watson...'03 Beemer.
 8)...Lyn...'04 Ninja.
 8)...Andrew...'84 Suzi Zepher
 8)...Dave...'82 Suzi 550
 8)...Dibble Snr...'84 Virago

8)...25 in total... 8)

Tiger

:) Andrew & Lyn sadly can't make it... :'(

Running total...23.

Raj1988

I'm concerned by my name not being on that list !!!!
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

fiddlesticks

Anybody want to trade me for the day. You can be a bridesmaid and I will come to the ride. Anybody?...............
C'mon, I know u wanna.
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

Tiger

Quote from: Raj1988 on September 14, 2010, 07:37:02 AM
I'm concerned by my name not being on that list !!!!

That is because you have not replied to the last email or two...like several others!! :o ::) So, ya want in buddy??

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

:) Raj1998 is now on the list... ;D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8)...Kev & Tammy...'83 Vision
  8)...Paul Ritchie...'82 Vision
  8)...Dibble...'82 Vision
  8)...'Raj...'82 Vision.
  8)...Watson...'09 Beemer.
  8)...Dave...'82 Suzi 550
  8)...Dibble Snr...'84 Virago

8)...24 in total... 8)

Tiger

:) One of our 'far-away-crew', Watson, set out yesterday from Cleveland Ohio on his Beemer, with the intentions of arriving here Friday, late in the afternoon. He is running up through the Michigan U P, staying last night at the Comfort Inn in St Ignace on Lake Huron, after 8 hours and 452 miles. 

This morning he is off to explore the eastern side of the UP and see Lake Michigan and Lake Superior.

...and the Iron Butt Award goes to.... ;)

I'll keep you guys informed of his progress 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Cdnlouie

I can't explain it but this year's fall rain intended for Joe Vac and Night Vision is coming down today (Thursday)...go figure  ???!  These road warriors are like lightening rods  ::) for rain and it looks like it is going to miss them for the trip up.  As a matter of fact  it looks like a darn nice weekend fellows  :D, don't forget the winter woolies though for Friday as it is fall.  Looking forward to seeing you at the Tiger's Den!

Come on up Americano's!  ;D

Night Vision

yeah well, I guess we'll have to wait until Sunday to find some moisture  ::)

... just wouldn't seem right without any rain  ;D 
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Walt_M.

Enjoy your ride northern brothers(and sisters). I had to put up with winter for 34 years but I have been here in FL for 28. My last ride this year will probably be early morning Dec, 31 and my first ride next year will be Jan, 1. I realize I take that for granted any more but I hope I never see snow again. I apologize for adding this but I just had to.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Cdnlouie

Then you will understand when we all land at your place  ;D this winter to ride our Visions! That comment is going to cost you!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Did out the trailor Tiger...cause we're going to Florida!  I'd be ready in about February for sure...

Walt_M.

Trailers don't count! Daytona motto, 'I never towed it, I rode it'.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Cdnlouie

Oh man...that means we gotta stay with Walt until the ice & snow leaves before we can come home....even better.

Dig out the ice chains....you gotta do what you gotta do....we're coming  :o!

Walt_M.

Come on down, maybe I will have my boat running and we can do some fishing.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Cdnlouie

Sounds great Walt! We will have to look into that option in the near future.

Finished our fall ride today (at least some of us did, the rest of the boys are cooling their heals at the Canadian Legion tonight), and had a great time enjoying the last of the summer season.  We had good weather for the whole weekend which I think is a first!

We have the best "all-you-can-eat" crab legs Chinese restaurant in my known world and we definitely took down the Alaskan Crab stock.  Pig roast on Friday night and Crab legs tonight so no one can say they did not eat well  ;D !

Thanks to everyone who attended and look forward to the next season!

Raj1988

Brilliant 1st half of the ride.... It was great to meet all the crew and some new people again. Looking forward to the next one. Thanks again to Tiger for organizing this
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Night Vision

superb time as always and a LOT drier than usual  :D

I let Joe cross first and I think it paid off... looks like he had clear sailing back east

thanks again for hosting another great get together....

oh yeah, tell Pete I hope he's on the next one
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

8) Thank you to everyone who turned out for making this a weekend to remember...first class  8) 8)

16 bikes, (4 Visions)... excellent weather, some great roads, good food, No brake downs, no accidents, no problems at all... and 21 superb people = A CRACKING WEEKEND folks!!!  8)

By the time I put "The Mistress" in the garage tonight, we had covered somewhere in the region of 400 miles starting from Saturday morning... :o  8)

Boy I'll sleep well tonight...Good night all  ;)

8).......Tiger....... 8)