News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

"Whats that...

Started by Tiger, July 24, 2010, 09:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

...sitting in my garage" you ask????????????? "Its an '82 650 Seca Turbo" I reply... :o

No, its not mine...I picked it up in Toronto for a new Visionary, Greg, who is coming in from Picton, Ontario tomorrow to pick up Wolf's "Flyin' Banana"...a Yellow '82 Vision.
He has an '82 Seca Turbo he bought new in '82...at that time he was torn between it or a Vision. The Seca won!! The one that I found in Toronto is a donor bike.

Like the Vision, it only lasted two years before Yamaha pulled the plug...Its an interesting bike. A shaft driven, in-line, air cooled, 4 cylinder, (with an oil cooler fitted were a Vision rad resides). Its based on, the then proven 650 Seca motor...modded up!! As you would expect, the oil pump volume was increased...crank main journals were crossed drilled for better lube...con rods drilled so oil splashes in the pistons for piston cooling and the piston crowns are 30% thicker. They also reduced the compression ratio slightly...The clutch and transmission came from the 750 Seca.

Like the Vision, its a different looking beast...Hmmmmmmmmm... ;)

8)........TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Walt_M.

Someone suggested some time ago the Seca had the same front end geometry as the Vision. If you had them together perhaps some comparison could be done.
Whale oil beef hooked!

YellowJacket!

Tiger, email me some pics and I'll post them for you.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Tiger

:) Sorry guys but the Seca Turbo (along with "The Flyin" Banana), flew the nest yesterday before I really got a chance to put her alongside a Vision to compare...and no pictures either!!! ::)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Agonoize

I got to ask I know what a Seca is but what of the two would you think is a faster bike?  From what i read it has 6 more horse power though I notice the Seca turbo has 90 horsepower.  I don't know if it matters to anyone I was just curious about the differences in engine designs.

Tiger

:) The Turbo is way faster...According to Greg, who has had his '82 turbo, (brand new), in '83. He tells me you can be doing 80/90 MPH in third gear, hit the turbo and lift the front wheel off of the pavement!!! Not to shabby for an '82 shaft drive bike... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Agonoize

Sweet to hear, thanks man.