News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

My trip to Albania

Started by Humber, July 27, 2010, 05:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humber

HI...

This year I made quite a big trip through the Balkans.. about 5000 km altogether....

enjoy....

http://picasaweb.google.pl/116660228555827413490
nie ma podpis?w

Raj1988

Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

fret not

Hi Humber, are you an associate of Craig Hanson?  If so you may hold some information we have been looking for re Vision internal parts.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

h2olawyer

Humber -

Great to hear from you again!  Looks like a wonderful trip.  Great roads & beautiful scenery.  Hope all is well in Poland!

For those who have found the ROV only in the past 2 or 3 years, Humber was a regular and insightful contributor here until he sold his V.  You can find it in the photo gallery - look for the light blue one with the full fairing & hard bags.  A really beautiful bike.  He had tons of great info on parts, fabrication and customization.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Rick G

Last time I spoke to Humber (Paul)  he was restoring a Suzuki DR 800. They have big DR's over there. It looks as though he used it on his trip.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

YellowJacket!

Humber,

Those are some great pictures.  Thank you for sharing them with us.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Humber

Hi guys.... thanks for your warm re-welcome  :) - as usual...  :D

I am lurking here all the time.. the same uncertainties and problems  ;D but after all these years I know the Vision is superb.. I tell you there is nothing worse than an old suzuki lump. During the trip I couldnt do Romania because the camshaft started to seize... when I got home it was almost gone.. happy it did not cost me towing or whatever else on the way..

As for the help on parts, you can always count on me, just drop me a line bc30se@o2.pl

Next trip? I think Kyrgystan and Tajikistan - Pamir higway and Tien Shan... just let me buy an XR650L...  ;)

My friends are regular goers there.... some reports http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202624

nie ma podpis?w

Raj1988

In 2013, i would like to fly to Europe, purchase a bike and ride it along the Mediterranean thru Turkey and Iran, maybe Pakisthan and finally India...

Maybe i may Get in touch with your for advice :)

Re-Vision

Humber,Thanks for posting these pictures, they are really nice and I will likely never see them as you have (from a bike). Very enjoyable.  BDC

Humber

Quote from: Raj1988 on August 06, 2010, 10:58:26 AM
In 2013, i would like to fly to Europe, purchase a bike and ride it along the Mediterranean thru Turkey and Iran, maybe Pakisthan and finally India...

Maybe i may Get in touch with your for advice :)

Sure, but I doubt I can help you with formal requirements as you are an American... you must learn it for yourself - visas, documents, insurance etc.

As for the routes I have done, you are welcome
nie ma podpis?w

Raj1988

I sir am an Canadian born in India... Hopefully a little easier with Visas than the Americans...Would love to know what you think would be a good bike for the trip, affordability and ease of maintainance wise....

Its still 2.5 yrs awas so there is time to work out the kinks

Humber

bike choice is an individual question but...

after the trip I realised I need something much lighter so I will go for an XR650L with an Acerbis tank.. KTM LC4 ADVENTURE is also a nice bike but... their engines are fussy beasts so they can let you stranded...

as for the bigger bikes... nothing can match Africa Twin.. the Kyrgystan guys rely on it all the time... and much heavier - gs1150

each of them has its purpose, but the final dicesion is dictated by the "roads" you are going to use...

nie ma podpis?w