News:

Main Menu

Gyro Stabilised Camera

Started by The Prophet of Doom, August 01, 2010, 06:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Prophet of Doom

treedragon

So roro did you perchance borrow one to film your avatar perchance, or is that presumption being a bit tongue in cheek?    :o  8)

YellowJacket!

looks like she is on a treadmill (the avatar).  Heck, parking myself on a treadmill behind her would  be enough incentive for me to run my lazy a$$ off for several hours.   ::)

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Rikugun

Quotebit tongue in cheek?

Oh that's good!!  I wished I'd said that.... very nice double entendre!
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Rikugun

That is pretty cool technology. You get a very accurate feel for the lean angles involved. Did anyone notice the rider is limping in the garage area as he moves around the bike? You only see him from the waist up but I think he's on a cane. When he dismounts the bike at the end, he is handed a cane and walks away.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

lexx790

Quote from: Rikugun on August 03, 2010, 01:17:24 PM
That is pretty cool technology. You get a very accurate feel for the lean angles involved. Did anyone notice the rider is limping in the garage area as he moves around the bike? You only see him from the waist up but I think he's on a cane. When he dismounts the bike at the end, he is handed a cane and walks away.

The camera is on Valentino Rossi's bike. He had his 1st bad accident about 7-8 weeks ago with bones sticking out of his leg. They said he wouldn't be racing for at least 3 months. 6 weeks after the accident he went out racing and came in 3rd, not bad for a man on crutches. So is no one else watching the world championship moto GP races ?

Walt_M.

Of course I am. Too bad Rossi will be on Ducati next year. Can't really blame him though, he has said he doesn't want to develop the bike his closest competitor(Lorenzo) is riding.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Rick G

A long time ago in a land far away, (california) I knew a fellow who was an AFM rider (like me) who rode a TD1c. His name   was John Buckner.   His Dad developed the bell helmet camera and  after I viewed his film of Daytona , my riding skill picked up. What really helped was the film of Willow Springs. I was able to see the best line to use, when I rode Willow.  This camera was used in the on track sequences for, On Any Sunday.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

fret not

Rick, that is a cool account.  I remember seeing John racing at Cotati and Vacaville until he went off the the military.  I never got to ride Daytona or Willow Springs but did carry a battery powered tape recorder around Orange County track.  It was embarrassing to hear when I ran off the track out into the weeds and got going again.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!