News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Nor Cal riding and CROV

Started by VisionMeister, August 03, 2010, 03:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VisionMeister

Just did Sonora Pass this last Saturday with Supervision.
Great ride, we left about 7:00 in the morning to beat the traffic and the heat.
Had breakfast at Kennedy Meadows then rode up over the pass and about 5-6 miles to the Nevada side where we turned around and rode back.
We got back to Pinecrest ,where we took a break, and it was only 12:30. Traffic was picking up as well as the heat so we headed home.
260 miles of great twisties with low traffic and mild temps.

We talked about a fall ride for the CROV. Is everyone worn out from doing this, or are you up for it?
Suggestions?

X-Vision

It sounds like something I would definitely enjoy! If we are taking a vote for a fall ride destination, then count me in...

VisionMeister

Looking for general interest level.
suggest a date
suggest a location.

Ron_McCoy

Definitely not worn out from riding with friends. The bad thing is, I have a new job with days off that only fall on the weekend once a month and they keep changing the schedule on me so I can't predict at this time when I'll be able to attend. The good thing is I have a job.

Ron

Rick G

Anyone Interested in a 5th anniversary repeat of the 2005 ride to Northern AZ?   The ,Jerome Prescott area is really nice , or we could repeat the same route  through Bagdad , as 2005.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

darkvision

Hi Guys,  Hope everyone doing well.  I finally got things stabilized for my mom so I can do some rding aain.  I'm up for another Fall CROV ride so let me know me know when and where.  Depending on the date I should be able to make it.
Best wishes Vic 

Coil Coyle

Quote from: Rick G on August 17, 2010, 03:25:53 AM
Anyone Interested in a 5th anniversary repeat of the 2005 ride to Northern AZ?   The ,Jerome Prescott area is really nice , or we could repeat the same route  through Bagdad , as 2005.
Rick.
Lori has bailed on every ride since that one!
"Honey. let's go see the ROV. and the Grand Canyon. on this Venture I traded for the minivan when my baby left the house!"

She learned that men gathered and commented on the quality of asphalt. too! ???
Our bankruptcy was filed last week and I'm saving OT for time off.
My hope is that the CROV will be able to do one more ride in 2010 with Craig and Ron so I can once more attempt to follow close enough to see how Ron does that to his front tire while Craig's wears even.

VisionMeister

It feels like an early winter this weekend. Highs in the mid 70's and rain in August??

How about the weekend of 9-25/ 9-26?

Sacramento area and ride the Crystal Basin-Icehouse Lake- Georgetown areas...or

Turlock area and ride the Yosemite- Sonora Pass areas

any takers??

Coil Coyle

Craig,
The Yosemite loop really sounds good to me but I've yet to ride your home roads either. This date works for us but we remain flexible.

My manager calls meeting your Motorcyclist Gang for a ride "Vibration therapy" (Obviously his HD influence  ;D) and any date will work for me because he accepts that it is coming.

Count us in for either loop and we can adjust the date to fit the San Joaquin Valley guys.

We're moving by the 7th of October from this East Bay lease; going to look at a lease on the Russian River this afternoon that we might move to but we will need a break to visit friends  during the coming chaos of moving.

I'll ride an 83 this time.

See Ya'll
;)
Coil

darkvision

Craig, thanks for your leadership.  I'm in !  Got my hallpass and hopefully my Vision will keep running well. Where would you suggest us meeting together? Looking forward to this get-together, it will be great as usual!
Thank you, Dark V

motoracer8

Craig, post the start location, I'll do my best  to make it.

Ken G.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

VisionMeister

I'm thinking of basing it at Plymouth, Calif.

Far Horizons 49er Village RV Resort - www.49ervillage.com
18265 Hwy 49, Plymouth - (209) 245-6981

This is a large RV resort that has camping, RV slots and some cabins.
So you have your choice of how to stay.
It is close in to Plymouth for access to restaurants.

Being right on Hwy 49 it is at the crossroads of some great foothill and mountain road riding.

I thought I'd see what you think. This is for the weekend of 9-25 and 9-26.
I live about 20 miles away and will ride in Friday afternoon for a possible Friday PM ride and dinner.
I've got a prospective 250 mile loop for Saturday, into the Crystal Basin, Ice House Lake area.

Please confirm if you would like to proceed with this venue.
Thanks

VisionMeister

motoracer8

Craig, sounds good to me, pending weather, was going to head north this weekend, Fall River Mills, but it looks like rain Saturday, Sunday.  May head south to Bishop instead. Marleens dead fly cafe in Plymouth, corner of old Sacramento rd. & 49 is a good place to meet as well, coffee, breakfast whatever. If you have a route planned it's ok with me. I have been on many of the roads you are suggesting. Let me know what time you want to gather, it's about 40 minutes to Plymouth for me.
  Hope to see you next weekend.

Ken G

Coil Coyle

Craig. The equipment for a plant project arrived early and I've lost a couple of days to a cold. We will not be able to make this date.
;)
Coil

VisionMeister

Thanks for the response.
I won't get hung up on looking for you.
I'll have twice as much fun to make up for you.

See you next time.

Ron_McCoy

Sorry to say that I'm not going to be able to make it either. Can't get the weekend off from the new job. See everyone at the next one.

Ron

motoracer8

Craig, looks like it's going to be a nice weekend, let me know if it's a go.

Ken G.

VisionMeister

Ken,
Response has been weak but, I am definitely in as is darkvision (vic).
I think Dwight and Dave from Turlock will make it as well.
It would be nice to have all the group but the economy and other demands have take their toll.
I'd like to meet up for coffee or breakfast at Marleen;s  cafe at Plymouth about 9:00 am and head out about 10:00.
Feel free to invite anyone who might enjoy a late summer ride.
We might get some last minute additions.

give me a call if anything comes up 209-223-4557

regards

Craig Burman

Ron_McCoy

Well.................... Did you go riding? Did anybody have any fun?

supervision

Ron, Dwight and I didn't make the ride, my bike was apart, got tired of hearing all the hammering noise from my gas motor!  Found it!!!  Loose nut on crankshaft, behind the starter clutch.  It had been loose a long time, you should how hammered the key was!  I made a replacement out of 5/16" key stock, filing it down to get a nice tight fit!  The motor is the most quite I can ever remember it being. Also Barb and I took the Shasta Trailer camping at So. Lake Tahoe for three nights about 9-21-10, that  was fun! we had two dogs with us, they were blown away!
" border="0