News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Died at a stop sign

Started by Kiwi, August 24, 2009, 08:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikugun

Quote3/8 to 1/2 adapter, and back to a 1/2 to 3/8 adapter and a ratchet you can get it out pretty easily,

Nice tip. The first time I removed the front plug I had every extension out trying to find the right combo to clear the valve cover but not hit the fan.

I suppose if you wanted to do it the old fashioned way the one from the tool kit is (hopefully) the right height. Maybe I should try mine before I have to roadside one day.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Kiwi

I put it on the battery tender last night,  and it hasn fully charged yet.  I'm going to test the battery first.  It's probably also the easiest thing to test
US 82 XZ550 with the flapper Airbox

kiwibum

Quote from: Rikugun on August 19, 2010, 03:19:58 PM
the one from the tool kit is (hopefully) the right height. Maybe I should try mine before I have to roadside one day.
The tool kit one does fit, I've found it almost as quick using this as finding the right length ratchet extension. On my list is to make an extension specially for the job. Will be a while before that gets done though, bikes all in storage, moved towns and bought a house so a little busy fixing that at the moment ???

Night Vision

I use the one in the tool kit, insert a 17mm headed bolt with (2) jambnuts into the top, lower the rig into her plug hole, and

then turn the rig with one o these....

SSLICK tools those
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano