My Friend Was Murdered By The Taliban

Started by YellowJacket!, August 11, 2010, 01:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Of course many of you have probably read the story in the news about the Americans that wer ruthlessly murdered by the Taliban in Afghanistan.  What you don't know is that Cheryl Beckett was a friend of mine.  Whenever she came back from Afghanistan I would clean her laptop (of physical garbage -tons of dust- and data garbage) for her and back up all of her pictures (some of them are incredible - things you won't ever see on the news)  He mother Mary, was the secretary in the department I work in at the hospital.  One of the things I feel really bad about is that Cheryl's mother and I had just talked about how she feels about Cheryl being over there.  She (and her parents) knew the risk and she was doing what she loved to do.  The Taliban are evil people and do not deserve to breathe air.
I've been angry enough about the whole situation over there but this has really angered me to a new level.  Cheryl was such a good person.
Please pray that my anger does not consume me, pray for her mother Mary, and her father Charles.

Thanks,

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Coil Coyle

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Coil Coyle on August 11, 2010, 03:53:23 PM
Murderers in general offend me, Dave.

Well, yes, as a whole they all offend me too.  But, are you referring to the fact that my unarmed peaceful friend was murdered or the title of my thread - which I just changed?

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

QBS

Dave, if you allow understandable rage to dominate/control you, evil wins twice.  Focus on the message of Christ.  It is certainly for times like these.  And yes, I certainly realize that that is easier said than done.  You are in my prayers.

Raj1988

my sympathies with you and all who knew her.. That this horrible regime still thrives angers and hurts me to no end.
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

h2olawyer

Truly sad news.  Cheryl's family, friends and you are all in my prayers.  Remember Cheryl as the giving, caring person she obviously was.  When you feel the anger rising,  know that those responsible will eventually get what they deserve.  Karma can be a b!+@#.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

joenurse

Matthew 5:10-12

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when men revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.
Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so men persecuted the prophets who were before you.

I pray peace for her family and for you, my friend.

Joe
Sometimes you have to lose everything before you can find yourself

gmac

Great posts guys!

David, Cheryl is in the hands of God.

Praying for her family and you, praying that something good will come of this.

Coil Coyle

I admire the actions that Jesus of Nazareth begged of His Father. Dave.
Satan has been very successful on human relations since September 11, 2001, hasn't He.
Bless you. Brother.
Matthew 7:12 has helped me to endure this attack on Our Soul's.
;)
Coil

Cdnlouie

Nothing can take away the genuineness of caring for someone you know or someone who is very dear to you.  It's okay to feel grief...it's just not okay to let it tear you up.  A soldier or anyone who serves their country (in any capacity) on a foreign field is someone pretty special. I often find comfort in the a Scripture that really captures the meaning of their sacrifice.

"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers (NIV)."

The real truth of the matter is that Jesus was not murdered.  He was a not a tragic victim of circumstances as some people may think, they both choose to give their lives for something that really mattered. Hopefully we will do something great with our lives too...Cheryl sure did... and she is in good company.

Thanks for sharing that...  

Rick G

One of the two US sailors mentioned in the news a few weeks ago , was from Kingman. We are waiting for word as to when the PGR ride , honouring him, will take place . In the mean time he and his family are in our prayers.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Coil Coyle

Dave.
Has Cheryl's family suggested a particular charity in Her Honor?
Please let the ROV know if they have.
;)
Coil