News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

I picked up...

Started by Tiger, August 15, 2010, 05:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikugun

I had done that exact Google search and found ones that were single fuses but based on cdnlouie's comment:
Quote..... that dandy little fuse centre (pics) you put together with those fancy connectors.
wondered if perhaps you had integrated them into some sort of enclosure.

So they're loose under the seat? Did you attach them to the fender in some way?. Addressing my stock fuse holder is still on my to-do list so I'm comparing different products I've seen mentioned on the forum.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Tiger

Quote from: Rikugun on August 22, 2010, 01:56:18 PM
... wondered if perhaps you had integrated them into some sort of enclosure.

So they're loose under the seat? Did you attach them to the fender in some way?. Addressing my stock fuse holder is still on my to-do list so I'm comparing different products I've seen mentioned on the forum.

:) They are side by side...the wires are tied together at each fuse block with small, thin cable ties and a cable tie self adhesive holder/cable tie, hold them down on the fender. I then use clear tape and stick the fuse I D (from the oem fuse box) on to the fender. It is a really neat & tidy finish... 8)

I'll take pictures of the next one I do... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Rikugun

QuoteI'll take pictures of the next one I do...

Thanks, appreciate that and the description.  :)  That sounds much cleaner than what I found on my parts bike.

-stock fuse box replaced with individual fuse holders
-each one attached to the fender with 2 screws
-engraved into the plastic fender adjacent to each was it's function
-and finally, the fuse holders hold glass fuses, just like the oem but with no cover over it ???
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Night Vision

picture this... we are about to:

a) __head out for                OR               b) __come back

from one of Tiger's
                         a) __ Spring                       OR                b) __ Fall

rides... when suddenly! a Vision in distress

a) __ on the side of the road  OR              b) ___ back in the garage

need it's fused box

a) __ totally  replaced           OR               b) __ TOTALLY REPLACED...

Tiger puts on his cape.... whips out his tool ... and WHAMO

5 new bladed fused posilock connectors are velcro'd to the top of the fender

need a picture? or do you get the idea?  

ok, so the only one I witnessed was in the garage
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Rikugun

QuoteTiger puts on his cape.... whips out his tool ... and WHAMO

This sounds like a version of Batman you'd find in the adult section of the video rental store... :o

Unless he's wearing the orange wig....in which case maybe the comedy section!?  :laugh:

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Rikugun on August 24, 2010, 03:06:04 PM
This sounds like a version of Batman you'd find in the adult section of the video rental store... :o
Unless he's wearing the orange wig....in which case maybe the comedy section!?  :laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orgazmo