News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

To All Newbies

Started by Re-Vision, August 16, 2010, 09:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C Clement

I have been watching the forum for almost a year now after I acquired an worn out 1982 Vision. It came up pretty cheap in the local classifieds and as I had owned one briefly in high school (1986) I stopped by to look at it. It wasn't much to look at but the price kept dropping whenever I tried to leave. At $200 I thought well I might as well see if I can breath from life into it. I have owned a motorcycle (or two or three) almost constantly since I was 13.

I bought a new TCI from a local salvage yard, when that one didn't work they had one more that did. I pulled the carbs cleaned and ultrasoniced them but have been unable to get things started.

Craig

Night Vision

welcome to the forum..

you need to start with the basics

Spark?....  pull each plug and ground out to check for spark... good battery?
Fuel? ..... put the petcock on prime, unscrew the drains to see if fuel is in each carb bowl
air?... not much there unless you have a birds nest in the air box

if you got all three... it should fire up

eventually  ;)

hint: carbs need to be thoroughly cleaned... all passages!!  sync the carbs if they've been separated, pilot screws out three turns.
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

lysan

Hello,  my name is Chris.  I live close to Woodbridge VA.  I found this site, like most people?, while looking for information on repairs.  I was told I was buying an 83 but the title says She is an 82.  Either way, She is fun to ride but a total pain to find parts for.  >>

My bike.  I hope the pic isn't too big.  I uploaded to photobucket.  I finally got my engine running and a vacuum hose split on me.  That's why the hoses are on my seat.

Walt_M.

That is a nice looking '82. Welcome and good luck.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Re-Vision

It is a nice looking bike, same silver color as mine.Recommend that you replace all vacuum hoses if you haven't already. We help one another with parts and maintenance information which makes life easier for everyone here. Welcome aboard Chris and all you new Visioneers.     BDC

lysan

Thanks for the welcome.  I am very glad you all are here.  I've already used the search button and found a lot of the information I was looking for.

I haven't replaced the hoses just yet.  I'm giving some thought of turning it into a Project type thing.  Trying for a full over haul.  It seems like every time I get one problem fixed, something else comes up that I should do, lol.