News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

REF "Rear brake brace bar bolts"

Started by ernie103, August 16, 2010, 07:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ernie103

In reference to Lucky's post about "Rear Brake Brace Bar Bolts"  I figured as long as I was going through my bike I would check them and swap them out but in the Yamaha on line parts place they only reference "Tension Bar" bolts, nuts, spring washers, and cotter pins. Are they the same thing Lucky was referring to? Thanks

ernie103

Also I noticed that the pinch bolt on the right side that holds the rear axle in was way loose (not even finger tight) does anyone know the torque for this bolt? Thanks

Re-Vision

Lucky

Yes, they refer to it as a tension bar...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

ernie103

Thank you both. I noticed that on the pinch bolt the lock washer that is supposed to hold it in was flat so will replace the washer as well. Maybe even use a little lok-tite on it. Again thank you .

ernie103

Just two more questions on this subject.... The back bolt isn't any problem to get to and change but is there some trick to get to and change the front one short of tearing down the bike? Also I have read that some have been put on way to tight, is there some torque spec for these bolts? Thanks..

Re-Vision

Tiger

Quote from: ernie103 on August 19, 2010, 03:54:01 PM
...but is there some trick to get to and change the front one short of tearing down the bike? .

:) Removing the rear wheel helps big time...but I did one last night with the wheel on without any real problem. Getting to the cotter pin can be a wee bit of a pig but other than that...easy.

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Raj1988

Where are these available?

are the front and back the same?

What are the part numbers?
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

fret not

Available at Yamaha dealers. 

They are both different part numbers.

Go to any dealer's site that sells OEM Yamaha parts and look them up on the microfiche. 

There is a page on Ron Ayers site that reverse looks up part numbers to tell you what models they fit.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!