News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

lucky's son

Started by spectre, August 21, 2010, 08:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walt_M.

I am really sorry to hear about the lock-up. When I had it, I tried to get it to turn over with no luck. I put top oil in it, waited an hour or so and it turned over. After that I put clean gas in and after some cranking, I got it started. I let it run long enough to get the oil warm, noting the knock. It would not rev due to the carbs. I shut it off and drained the oil, there was no metal but the oil was clean so it had been changed by a P.O.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Lucky

Well we figure a titled frame is worth the price we payed, & we'll find an engine.  this is now a good chance to clean & paint the frame too.  in the meantime My wife has decided to share her bike with Kenny, he gets to ride it & work on it, & she gets the free labor (of course she's his mother, he has to do it if she asks anyway, lol)

There's some disapointment, but stuff happens, it's no ones fault, & life goes on.
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

spectre

^^^ couldn't really have said it beter. stuff happens, and it's not the end of the world, plus we can clean and paint it   :) 
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

Rikugun

That's a very mature and positive attitude to have. I'd like to think I'd take that kind of news with such grace...... but I'm not sure.   :'(
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Lucky

He's my son, he's used to adversity & dissapointment, lol  :D :D ;)

I was just thinking, he was just 5 years old when I joined this Forum...

YellowJacket!

Hey Lucky what about that roadtrip to the old wrecking yard that was caving in last time we went.  There was a couple of neglected Visions there if I remember correctly.

I've got most of September off before I start school.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

I thought about that, I wonder what they would want for an engine.. as i recall they figured out a lot of that stuff was made of unobtanium & priced it accordingly...  if you can figure out who it was, i'd like to give them a call first....

YellowJacket!

It was in Morristown TN.
A couple google hits include this one (looks new - didn't find it in my searches before) http://www.necycle.com/

I think one of these may be one of the places we went to:

LEE'S CYCLE SALVAGE - 2376 Sulphur Springs - Morristown, TN 37813
Phone: 423-587-1114
MID SOUTH MOTORCYCLE SALVAGE - 2104 Buffalo Trail - Morristown, TN 37814
Phone: 423 581-4699
MOTORCYCLE SALVAGE - 2104 Buffalo Trail - Morristown, TN 37814-4302
Phone: 423 581-4699

And this one is pretty close to you:
SIX MILE CYCLE - 4901 Stump Road - Maryville, TN 37803
Phone: 865-856-7278

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

akvision

Yeah,  I think my engine is trash... a better boat anchor.
The stator housing /flywheel bolts were pounding out the threads in addition to the big stuck, plus +40K miles on the clock.
akvision
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

fret not

Lucky, have you determined the reason for the lock up? 
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!