News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Front Wheels

Started by Re-Vision, August 28, 2010, 08:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re-Vision

Reading an article from the 1999 Classic Motorcycle Review that made the following quote:

"Braking is handled by a single disc, with a single opposed-piston caliper in front and an easily locked drum in the rear. Not up to today's hardware, but more than adequate to stop the bike plus myself. This Vision wears one of two cast wheel options. In 1982, you could order this spoke pattern, a swooshy curved cast wheel or the traditional laced-spoke wheel."

I suspect this quote is correct but has anyone ever seen a V with anything from the factory other than the standard black or gold wheels we see on most bikes?    BDC

Walt_M.

The quote is incorrect. Some other models had the curved spokes but the Vision's were straight.
Whale oil beef hooked!

treedragon

I would dearly love to lay my hands on a lace-spoke wheel set, I have done mock-ups of my bike on the computer and it looks really nice.

I know one early model of the XV came out with laced wheels, just missed out on a rear a few months ago, it went to the dump  :'(   :'(   :'(

They be hen's teeth material here I suspect. The rear would fit straight on and it's easy enough to lace the correct rim sizes on so if anyone knows of a set, or at least a rear hub please please please.... (you get the idea) let me know.