News:

Main Menu

got an 82

Started by 550rs, September 15, 2010, 08:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

550rs

hey guys i got this 82 in trade on cl for a 50cc, it wasnt running, but thanks to this forum i cut the tachometer wire and it fired right up! i need a new speedo and some wire work needs done to it but thats all.. just wanted to thank the people on this site for helping me fix my bike without even knowing it

btw my title shows model as "vision" and type as "rs"?? i cant find anything on it so im stumped..

Lucky

It must have been retitled at some point & it's a misprint? my son's Kawi title says the same thing, but it's a GPZ..
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Tiger

:) Hi and welcome to the ROV family...the best place a Vision can bring its owner... ;).

Your located were??

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

550rs

im in tacoma WA, i was thinkin about tradin this off for something thats easier to find parts for, but i have ridden it a couple times and its pretty fun! even tho its all stock it sounds better than any older bike ive had yet!

my plans: (some purist really wont like this)

ditch the 80's street bike styled tank/seat/lights and square speedo housing and go for a 70's retro, curved almost cafe look, with some street fighter type styling in it as well. i was gunna keep the tank but it has a bad dent right on the curve and will be way to hard to ping out right..

oh yeah and its painted that weird color shift paint everyone liked about 5 or 6 years ago lol

here is a couple pics

no yics box

Re-Vision

Why not get a seventies bike?    BDC

YellowJacket!

I'm sure you will have plenty offers on the tank then if you aren't going to use it.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

550rs

the reason i want to do that to this bike is its just something different, i just like the way the 70's bikes look and no one will have a bike like it.

the tank has a dent tho so i dont think anyone would want it, plus it will probably be a while before i find another tank that will fit on the frame lol..

i was wondering if anyone knew what other triple trees might fit, like a virago or a seca or ????? im looking to get some different bars on it and i just found out today the bars mount to TT...