News:

Main Menu

New Zealand Earthquake

Started by Re-Vision, September 27, 2010, 02:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re-Vision

Was wondering how you Kiwis are making out, haven't heard much from you all lately. Hope everyone is doing fine.    BDC

The Prophet of Doom

Thanks for asking... 25000 homes lost and I don't know how many commercial buildings, but only 4 deaths, (one heart attack, one monkey in the Zoo and two cows) but all the visionaries came out OK.  Major aftershocks are still continuing, and still causing on-going damage and psychological problems.  I've left town as there will be no work for me for a long long time.  Living in the North Island for the meantime.

Hartless

dang... was your house damaged roro? i didnt even know there was a quake? thats probably because of the lack of news channels and news papers in my diet ( to much propoganda )
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

The Prophet of Doom

Nothing serious, just cracks and drywall nails popped and a couple of very scared cats.
I guess I'll be redecorating sooner than I planned though.

Hartless

well its good to know that you didnt get hurt , and your home isnt gone! at least you get to get away from home for a while?
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

Lucky

I don't think it even made the news here :(  leave it to you guys though to include the monkeys & cows in the vital statistics! lol
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

What about all the sheep?  I bet it at least curled their hair!   ;D  :D

Glad things for you weren't any worse.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.