"It Can't Be Done" some said...

Started by joevacc, October 20, 2010, 05:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joevacc

I have been saying I was going to post this picture for years...   ;D  8)

-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Rikugun

So that's what the underside of the engine looks like......

:) ;D :laugh:
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Re-Vision

Photoshopped? 

Just kidding.    BDC

Night Vision

so how come you can't get it up now?

:laugh:

cool!
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Lucky

Done it, easy up, hard down.  the front end wasn't built for the landing, not mine anyway, lol.

kids, don't try this at home:
1st gear, 7-8K, drop the clutch
Wear your GEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on October 20, 2010, 09:41:38 PM
so how come you can't get it up now?

:laugh:

cool!

Hahahahahaha...Thats what his wife wants to know  :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D only kidding Joe  ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Re-Vision

Tiger, I knew if I restrained myself someone would make that post, plus I don't know Joe that well.    BDC

Kevin

I did that on my son's vision and then had to replace the fork seals.

Hartless

i have done this a couple times. not that high though. i always wondered if it should be easy to get it up...( the motorcycle you sick disturbing people)
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

joevacc

HHAHHAhhHaHAHhahahah!

Just for the record... I can still get it up!  My little black beauty just said  "hey Joey get off my back"

Luck,  you are of course right ~ VERY hard on the bike!  Of course I was 19 or so when that picture was taken...  Now I won't go for coffee without full armor!   :angel:

P.S.  I am sure that I considered myself very cool when I started riding that bike like I stole it...  have you seen the kids today?   I know you have, that ain't sheet.   ;)
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

admin

Nice Picture Joe, and you obviously had someone with better camera skills than my wife take it.
I have a picture like that ...but not quite,  after the third time up in the air and my wife missing the shot
with the digital camera we had at the time, I gave up because I was sure I had damaged the forks or something on way back down.    I think I posted the picture at one point and someone commented about it being photo shopped...

2003 or 2004 was when it was taken if I remember correctly.  I think I also challenged anyone else to
post their wheelie shots but no one did.

Hartless

maybe  ill see if someone i know is a good photographer

Brian Moffet

If you were around me, I'd do it. I like to think I'm a good photographer...

Brian

joevacc

Well Ron, at least it looks like that bike has all kinds of power in that pic!
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
Helen Keller

Hartless

where are you at brian, i live  in portland, or

Brian Moffet

San Francisco.  I have a long lens, but not that long....

h2olawyer

Quote from: Brian Moffet on October 21, 2010, 09:55:21 PM

I doubt a friend's 30" f/5 telescope could get that shot.   ;D   But it does show really faint galaxies over a billion light years away.

And yes, Brian, your photography skills are excellent.

I tried a wheelie a few years ago.  Got it a little bit - doubt it was even as much as Ron's above.  The forks seemed to take a real beating when it came down.  Have absolutely no desire to do it again.  My old '80 KDX175 was a wheelie machine, though.  Tore the rear fender once when it went a bit too far.   ::)  Oh well, it was just a dirt bike so, I used some stainless straps & rivets to hold it together.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Hartless

Quote from: Brian Moffet on October 21, 2010, 09:55:21 PM
oh well. that sounds kind of familiar ??? my girlfriend said that to me once

spectre

I could wheelie my chinese dirt bike, a 110cc that only weighed around 150  ;D :o
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress