What to do over the winter

Started by Kiwi, November 06, 2010, 09:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fret not

There are some icy roads here in the foothills of the Sierra Mountains since the last storm front moved through.  Snow is just a few short miles from my house and the ground is crunchy when you walk on it.  Seems like winter to me.  Stay warm and well friends.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Tiger

Quote from: Tiger on November 07, 2010, 05:38:04 AM
:angel: 'TO DO' over the up and coming winter.......A new set of Avon tires will be a priority... 8)

New shoes acquired for "The Mistress'...I picked up a brand new set of Avons today... 8).

I already have new swing arm bearings, shims and a bushing on the shelf. The rear swing arm/drive unit is sandblasted, (along with a centre stand and brake bar), the welds have all been blended in and the units has been painted gloss black... 8)

A new digital guage package has also been purchased... 8)

New oils for the engine and rear drive, along with a new engine oil filter, in-line gas filter, two new spark plugs/wires/caps and fresh coolant have all been purchased...... 8)

Now I just have to find the time to get her all done before the spring :o ::)...Hey, its a start ;D :D :D :D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8) .......TIGER....... 8)  

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Raj1988

Yes it is,

I disassembled the braking system and now have new seals on the bench. I just need to find a way to get those darn pistons out without an air compressor or a grease gun on hand, its a bit of a hassle. Also have new wheel bearing and tapered head bearings ready to go on. Offroad riding and ignorantly torquing down the nuts ruined the set of headbearings i have installed in 10000 kms

I also have to get on with a Valve check, but just NO TIME

Summer approaches quickly
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

kwells

dang H20, with that kind of depth you might want to invest in a 2 stage blower.  La Nina will probably hit you more than me down here in Morrison.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com