News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

End of the SUN season...

Started by Tiger, November 07, 2010, 06:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) Well, here in the 'frozen north', we are all moving to our winter lodges to get ready for blubber hunting season to begin...We have several new/upgraded permits/certificates to sort out this year...and all costing more. However, it helps make for a Greener planet, soooooooo, I'm in 8)

Canoe/Kayak emissions have to be checked out at the local "winter water craft" observation/repair facilities...and safety certified. One 'craft' per family... :o ::)

Igloos have to be built or renovated to meet the new government "Winter building" codes and new certificates of "applied standards" displayed in the appropriate place, viewable by the inspectors. The heating regulations are really strict this year!!!!!

Time honoured hunting permits have to be upgraded to allow us to use the bigger variety of more modern "weapons of choice", another new-this-season permit!!!

So I guess its now time to take 'The Mistress' off the roads for another spell of maintenance/upgrades...Old man winter is certainly on his way, as temps drop, cool days and nipply night!!! The 'White stuff' will soon be here, once again...play safe, stay safe........ ;)

8) .......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Rikugun

Quotewe are all moving to our winter lodges to get ready for blubber hunting season to begin

I don't have to hunt for blubber, it's right here under my belt. Normally, I wait for the holidays to begin storing it but this year I got a head start.   :(
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

kev10104

I put mine away reluctantly yesterday.I know I will regret it with the beautiful days that are surely to come.

don_vanecek

Yeah, my blubber supply has been rather elevated by a few pounds after I took my vocation with my brother's in late June, we sort of pigged out the entire week but sure had a nice time. Ah, a problem I need to work on-will power.

It was 72 here on Sunday in NE and was also the monthly meeting of the VJMC group I belong to. We have started a new project bike, a 1975 Honda 400-4, when I joined the guys they were on the final stages of removing the motor from the frame, oh boy, what a mess. Have never removed a Vision motor (oh don't hope to) but that Honda motor bearely gives you room to take it out of the frame. Any way had a nice ride on the V down to Omaha and back. Had a new guy at our meeting and him and I talked about and looked at the Vision for quite awhile. He obviously had read about them.  Dark of course on the way back, was nice to have other traffic to follow home as the car ahead of you helps you to see further down the road and the fear of Bambi is great in our area. Had to be the lead vehicle the last seven miles but was able to use the bright's most of the way, Bambi was not seen. Put stabil in the tank, this could be about the last ride in my area also for this year.   

spectre

I have to say, If I can get all the legal stuff in order this winter, I don't care how cold it gets, I'm riding my bike. ;D (unless Lucky doesn't let me, but I will see to it that he does ;)   )
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

Lucky

freezing temps, slick roads, wind chill & dry-rotted tires? think again....
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

spectre

Quote from: Lucky on November 08, 2010, 11:11:53 PM
freezing temps, slick roads, wind chill & dry-rotted tires? think again....
well I assumed those were implied, except for the wind chill, wich is ok because I'm 16, not 46  ;D ;D :D ;D ;)
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

joenurse

I will be riding mine to work until it becomes too cold for it to start. Has anybody here experienced when it is in fact too cold to start a vision (I rode mine home from work a few mornings ago at 30deg F and found it took about a dozen start cycles for it to maintain idle)
Sometimes you have to lose everything before you can find yourself

Brian Moffet

Quote from: joenurse on November 12, 2010, 11:51:03 AM
Has anybody here experienced when it is in fact too cold to start a vision (I rode mine home from work a few mornings ago at 30deg F and found it took about a dozen start cycles for it to maintain idle)

Depends on the bike actually.  My bike likes to start when it is cold, but is rather sluggish to start when warm.  I suspect I am running just a tad rich, but the last time I checked the spark plugs they seemed okay.  Usually it crops up when the bike is hot, I stop the bike, and then try to start it again within a couple of minutes.  Let it sit for 15 minutes and it's fine.  But my bike starts just fine at 38 degrees, which is the coldest I recall trying recently.

Brian

kev10104

A buddy of ours rode his year round in all kinds of weather.Not very bright but his only means of transportation.