News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Valve Shim Tool Available

Started by Rikugun, December 13, 2010, 12:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikugun

I received a reply from the Yamaha tool department of K&L supply in Santa Clara, CA. yamahatools@klsupply.com They claim they still stock the special tool. I referenced part numbers YM-28899 and 35-3470. The first number I got from a 2003 post on this site, the latter from web searches. In addition, the latter may be preceded by letters designating the manufacturer. The first appears to be the Yamaha number and the second aftermarket? In any case, I take no responsibility for any errors!

Like I said in my post under SWAP SHOP/WANTED: Valve Shim Tool, they only sell to dealers. So, if you have a local dealer who will work with you, this may worth looking into. Their web site is http://www.klsupply.com/Home.aspx

For reference, this is their email response:

Received your e mail.  Do you have a Yamaha Dealer number?  We only sell to our dealers and we locate them by Dealer Number.  We do still carry this part in our stock
Pls let me know
thanks, Judy
cc: Gary Wagner
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

YellowJacket!

Hmmm.  I have a friend that has a "custom bike" repair shop.  He's not a Yamamha dealer though.  I wonder if he would qualify?

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Raj1988

Yep, these are the guys who my dealer called
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

nwrider

First dirt: Hodaka Ace 100B
First street: Honda 150 Dream
First racer: '86 Honda 500 Interceptor
Most memorable:Kawasaki 350 triple, GSXR 750 limited edition
Current: '83 Vision

Rikugun

It's not offered retail by them. They did not/would not say. I think that info would undermine their relationship with the middleman..umm I mean the dealer.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Shop Rat

Quote from: Rikugun on December 14, 2010, 10:44:48 AM
It's not offered retail by them. They did not/would not say. I think that info would undermine their relationship with the middleman..umm I mean the dealer.

I just got one for my Honda 4 from Motion Pro. Maybe they have something suitable?

Frank
frankcalandra49@gmail.com
'82 XZ550
'83 CB1100F

Tiger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!