What is highest mileage on a Vision??

Started by davexz, November 16, 2010, 11:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davexz

I always find it some kind of measure of a motorcycles design by seeing what the highest mileage is on that motorcycle. So does anyone know of Visions with a lot of miles on them?  I know it depends on the work you do to it along the way, and if it's a touring bike, etc. but still you can see trends. 

Brian Moffet

I know there are a few higher than mine.  I have 46,250 miles on it. (and increasing by 14 miles per non-wet workday...)

don_vanecek

39700, should be higher but the Vision sat in my shed for about nine years after the stator and starter motor both went out.

George R. Young

106,000 km., 4 stators, average stator life 26,000 km.

auto

41,000  Only one stator,and that went under 10k miles.Took out the thermostat and always ran the oil level on the high side.No problems since then.

Lucky

8 years on current stator since installing oil cooler.  I couldn't tell you the milage on anything i own except my old van @ 175K
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Hartless

i have only 27xxx but i grenaded the engine the first week i bought it with about 25xxx.....i was just cruising at 3500 rpm when the cam gear and cam shaft went
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

darkvision

Hi,  I have 31K miles on my Vision but I know that QBS had over 80K miles on his bike and that was documented at the 2007 25th Anniversary Meet in Colorado. Canadian Kenny also probably is way up there too.  Visions are very durable .
best wishes,   Dark V

Kenny

103,855 kms  synthetic oil  original stator
             Cheers Ken S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Raj1988

Kenny
What type(composition, brand) of synthetic oil? Did you experience any sweating from the head or other gaskets
Thanks for your tip abt HW 2 ... really enjoyed it on my trip out west... Any pointers on a trip to florida??
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Kenny

Hi Raj1988,
   I have been using Motul and lately Mobil 1, 10-30 /10-40. I have had no changes in sweating gaskets ie it is as oil tight as ever.
  I have'nt been down to Florida by MC yet but would suggest a good look around NY state, Vermont, NH, Blue ridge parkway also comes to mind.
   We have some property out west, south of Revelstoke B.C. and hope to ride a Vision out that way soon (summer)-so we've got a ride when we are out that way.  ;)
           Cheers Ken S.   
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Raj1988

there is a Horizons Unlimited meeting on august 25th to 27th in Nakusp BC.. I'm planning on it this coming summer. Should be a fun ride
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

supervision

Hi, my name is supervision, my bike had 59,751 miles when the rear cylinder slipped the valve timing, and now I think I will replace the bike.   Good news, is I just talked to a guy down my street that has a 12,000 mile, XZ550 for 500 bucks, so I think I might be ahead in the long run. I can't wait to get my hands on it!  ho ho ho merry christmas
" border="0

Lucky

Hey Superman! long time no see!  welcome back!!!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black