Kitty Vision Purrs! ;D ;D

Started by Lucky, November 07, 2010, 02:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

Well boys & girls, after changing out the engine with the one I bought from ReVision, & lots of work (and TONS still yet to do,

Kittys Vision will live to ride again!

filled the coolant, Oil, double checked a few things, and after 45 miniutes of cranking, bitching, backfiring, frontfiring, tweaking, spraying, jumping, coughing, wheasing...

she finally came to life, a little at a time...  :D ;D

synqued & set the pilots & she runs pretty smooth!

and, don't try this at home kiddies: she charges at 14V, even though I broke a cardnal rule & jumped it off my running van (in desperation)

lots & lots to do before spring time, but i now have a warmable carport to do it in. 

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rikugun

So why all the cranking, what turned out to be the problem?
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Tiger

Quote from: Lucky on November 07, 2010, 02:38:00 PM
and after 45 miniutes of cranking, bitching, backfiring, frontfiring, tweaking, spraying, jumping, coughing, wheasing...

Quote from: Rikugun on November 07, 2010, 08:31:16 PM

:) That was just Lucky after his hour on the couch!!! :o The Vision started right up  ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D.... 8)

8) .......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

spectre

Quote from: Tiger on November 07, 2010, 09:14:39 PM
Quote from: Lucky on November 07, 2010, 02:38:00 PM
and after 45 miniutes of cranking, bitching, backfiring, frontfiring, tweaking, spraying, jumping, coughing, wheasing...

Quote from: Rikugun on November 07, 2010, 08:31:16 PM

:) That was just Lucky :o The Vision started right up  ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D.... 8)

8) .......TIGER....... 8)
I can attest to this. and I found the spell check button dad.
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

Lucky

NOT QUITE SURE, SHE'S STILL HARD TO START STONE COLD, BUT ONCE IT'S WARM, ONE TOUCH OF THE BUTTON.  COULD BE DIRTY CARBS (BEEN SITTIN ALL SUMMER) oops, sorry! or valve adjustment or a vaccume leak or...  still needs sorting out...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

davexz

Way to go Lucky - thats what makes all the time and effort worth it and keeps us fixin the old ones.

YellowJacket!

Sweet!  Great to hear that Lucky!

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

kiawrench

wont be long now,,, Myrtle Beach going to be invaded by a Vision gang, all on Tennessee hot rods---- we can swing all of them by my local "full service yamaha dealer" and show his service department what a Vision really looks like when it hasn't been serviced by them!!
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .