News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

yamaha fazer???

Started by Hartless, December 31, 2010, 03:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartless

portland.craigslist.org/clc/mcy/2133826372.html
so i found this and think its kind of interesting. is it really called a fazer? or is it really just an fzr
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

Rikugun

Looks like the Fazer FZX700 - "Boulevard Cruiser" version of the FZ750. They both used the Genesis motor. It had a 5 valve head design with long intervals between adjustments. Short intakes  w/downdraft carbs was another unique feature. They ran strong from what I remember.

Looks like an aftermarket 4 into 1 on it. Also, are they factory air shocks on the rear?Sounds like a big job to change that bearing though - pull the motor and split the cases I'm guessing, right?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Hartless

i beleive  so. it is very similar looking to the V. i kinda like it

kiawrench

i have one of these things,, still up for sale, hoping to be rid of it soon .
the bike has plenty of get up and go,, far more than one would expect. .
i found that mine didn't handle well in really tight turns, but once on rolling hills and sweeping turns, it would keep up with far more "rice rockets" than i wanted to ride with.
my reason for dumping it ,clearing house for my poor little enfield,, and my jealous fat tanked vision . they just need more space--
   and i did get several tickets from local police over different aspects of the fazer- and yes,, this bike is the original fazer- newer versions are the logical progression of the mid 80s "sport -touring " pants leg eater.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Hartless

out of curiosity what is your selling price

kiawrench

hartless:
  i ran it for a week at 1100.00 with cover and box of tune up supplies and manuals,, best offer i ever got was 850.00 for all of it . those things have a tendency to come out from under a rider if one isn't truly ready to ride it. last i saw of it, it was being loaded onto a dodge truck, headed for Ft. Campbell ,Ky.-

i gave it to my son in law, as he has been after it since i covered it in "carbon fiber" wrap. still looks as good as day we finished it, no tears, no holes, no fading . Daughter already asking when i am going to buy exhaust for it so he can ride it
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Hartless

i was just curious ..... ;)