Once more into the breach my friends...

Started by Brian Moffet, December 31, 2010, 08:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Moffet

Some of you remember this restoration: http://members.cruzio.com/~moffetb/vision/

I'm now started on another...  http://www.rattlebrain.com/~sprite_mkiii/

I think I'm insane....

Brian

Rikugun

Is this the car that had all of the Yamaha parts sitting on it's hood during the Vision project??  I felt sad for the little car. They were trying times for the Sprite.

My favorite Sprite pic is the "Exhumer" nail puller/prybar next to the master cylinder parts. Did the parts need some persuasion to come around to your way of thinking!?    :)  
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Brian Moffet

Yes, that's the one.  I was starting to restore it when the Vision broke down.

Now it's turn has come.  Yes, the brakes needed a little coercion to come free. The car has been in "storage" for 30 years.

Brian

supervision

Nice to see your getting to work on the car. I feel your pain, I am controlled by my collection. If I think about the number things I have apart I will go crazy! I put one motorcycle in the living room.  I explained it to Barb that it is only for rust prevention. Why waist a nice warm room, that could be keeping your bike warm?
" border="0

AdvRich

Quote from: supervision on January 08, 2011, 09:44:47 AM
I put one motorcycle in the living room.  I explained it to Barb that it is only for rust prevention. Why waist a nice warm room, that could be keeping your bike warm?
:laugh:  I liiike it! Hehe

Lucky

if i did tha I'D be sleeping in the garage...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

supervision

Yea Lucky, I forget to mention, the deal included me moving out to the camp trailer in the back yard!  But one other thing is now when I dust the living room for Barb, I can keep the shine up on the 250 OSSA SPORT. She can see the artistic improvement of the living room already.  Look at it this way, I could give you a list of things in the house that would store just fine in the garage, and the think of all the things in the garage, that would be better stored in the nice warm, dry, house?  What do you say? 
" border="0

Brian Moffet