News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

In search of more Visions

Started by Oz Vision, February 07, 2011, 04:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz Vision

Getting excited - heading off in three weeks time to the annual rally run by the Vintage Jap Motorcycle Club of Australia. It's about a 2,500 kilometre round trip, 3 days down, 3 days there and 3-4 days back. Going with two guys on a 1965 Honda 450 Bomber and a 1973 Yamaha TX 500, hmmm I wonder whose will be the most reliable?? Should be a couple of thousand bikes at the rally, so I may get and idea of how many Visions are really out there. I think Oz is like the UK, not too many.
Have been trying to get a bit of prep in by getting out of the city onto some open roads at the weekend. Man does this bike love it! It just makes you grin - even in the pouring rain.
1982 Yamaha XZ 550 - 16R x 2
1972 Yamaha AS3 125 twin 
1971 Yamaha DS7 250 twin 
1987 Yamaha XJ 900F
1985 Yamaha FZ 750

Tiger

:) Although the Vision will handle city streets just fine, they thrive on the open road.

Long haul straights are eaten up with reasonable ease. Twists, turns, curves and switchbacks are a riders joy on a Vision.

Like you and many others, the search for lost Visions and prospective Visionaries continues...Keep the faith. 8)

Enjoy your run and don't forget to give us a road report when you get the chance ;)

8) .......TIGER...... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Oz Vision

Never mind the misery guts who didn't like his vision, here's a happy story.
I have just returned from a 2,500 kilometre trip to the VJMC rally - what a blast! It was the first run of more than 300k I have done on the Vision and it was awsome. Of the four bikes in our group (1965 CB450, 1973 TX500 & 1980 CX500) it was the only one that had no problems at all. Very comfy ride even with a tank bag on board and we travelled on every bit of winding mountain road that we could find. The only mod I would make is some stiffer front suspension, which is something that many here have already done.

Did not find any other Visions at the rally but there were some spectacular machines on display. Mine got plenty of looks too - there are plenty of riders who have never seen one.

1972 Yamaha AS3 125 twin 
1971 Yamaha DS7 250 twin 
1987 Yamaha XJ 900F
1985 Yamaha FZ 750

AdvRich

Thumbs up on the ride to the meet Oz Vision. Glad to hear the V came through without a hitch... always good that way.

Curious about the rear rack you have mounted there. Was it made for the V or grafted over from another mount? Is it aluminum or is that a type of nylon/plastic composite? Looks good.

Thanks, Rich

Oz Vision

The bike, being a Euro model came with a set of Krauser hard panniers which I dont use. The rack that you see is part of the mounting set up. It is made of the composite plastic material, which flexes a bit but remains very sturdy. The panniers and the rest of the framework are sitting in the cupboard if anyone is interested.
1972 Yamaha AS3 125 twin 
1971 Yamaha DS7 250 twin 
1987 Yamaha XJ 900F
1985 Yamaha FZ 750

Rikugun

Nicely done. That is quite a pack on the tank. I'd have to agree -  a little more spring up there would probably do a nice job of improving the ride.  :)

Oh, and it looks like the glove is done on that side, you might want to flip it before it burns!  :laugh:  ;D
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan