News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Parking Lot Crash

Started by muukow, February 08, 2011, 11:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muukow

Bummer! The V was struck in a parking lot yesterday at work,it fell and destroyed the fuel tank,the rest of the bike is fine but the tank not so much! I had just put in a mosfet regulator and replaced most of the electrical connections with modern sealed connectors,new Shinkos in November 100/90 front 110/90 rear. The tires had worked well through the winter and the larger front took some squirmieness out and the little extra tire height keep the pegs from touching down as easy! Anyway who could miss a Daytona yellow bike ??? I guess the GS850 will get the commute duties now as the DS is still shod with non DOT tires! and finding and redoing another tank AAAHRG! I'm getting another V "free" when I go down to cali for some flat track at the sac mile but that won't be until June.Man the GS feels like a tank and the suspension of a 70's Cadillac!  Railroad tracks are well? Interesting! So for now back to tank searching :( >:(
1982 Vision-stock except for 84 RZ350 paint!

YellowJacket!

Hi Muukow,

I feel your pain.  My bike fell over in a torrential rainstorm several years ago - right after I finished restoring her complete with new paint.  Brand new tank badges were destroyed, mirrors destroued and the tank took a small dent.  Its a painful situation to be in but especially more painful when someone, in your case, does the damage but doesn't have the balls to own up to it and take responsibility.

I had also had a couple close calls at work with people not paying attention and racing to get a good parking spot only to find it taken by a motorcycle.  I even parked in such a way that they should have had plenty of time to see her.  Then they cuss me out for "taking up a whole space".  My reply was usually that my car takes up that very same space when I drive it but I always leave enough room for another motorcycle to park.

Anyway, hope things go better with the repairs.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

muukow

I have two more tanks in pile of parts one is really beat and the other has some dents that will be manageable with allot of pulling and tapping,mix up some more yellow and find some fuel proof clear coat this time! The bike landed on a brick window sill so the tank took the whole brunt of the fall it even delaminated the sealer so of course it started leaking! I guess luckily I got a nice 300 miler in riding to the coast and back the weekend before so I can park it for a bit with a smile on it's face but these V's get mad if they sit long mine gets an attitude if I leave it longer than a week I hope it understands LOL!
1982 Vision-stock except for 84 RZ350 paint!