News:

Main Menu

Unhappy Vision owner...

Started by Brian_Matthewson, March 09, 2011, 12:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spectre

predictably, I agree with luck's idea of the two line compilation, I was thinking we could start it on here and then paste it to a word document, and email it to the magizine. here I'll start:

I like the Vision, because of it's timeless styling.

And begin :D
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

Raj1988

Also Brian, i still owe you a tenner
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Brian_Matthewson on March 11, 2011, 08:03:00 AM
Re-Vision...
I think that's the guy. Seven Persons, Alberta has a population of about 250 so there can't be many Jeff Scott's there.

I'm not encouraging harassment, but his phone number is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Um, posting someones phone number and email address is completely inappropriate and I am very surprised that anyone would consider doing so.

Brian

fret not

Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Shop Rat

Quote from: kev10104 on March 10, 2011, 04:02:33 AM
I kinda liked the idea of cutting his balls off.

Now, now. You're just pissed about someone else getting his year-old XZ for $1000.  Wouldn't surprise me if that bike is now owned by one of us.
I do like that watermelon comment, tho. I agree with his assessment of the styling. That's why I'm making big changes to mine. Round light, teardrop tank, solo saddle, etc. The important stuff remains stock.

Frank C.
frankcalandra49@gmail.com
'82 XZ550
'83 CB1100F

Re-Vision

To each his own but I believe a teardrop tank is the ugliest thing that can be done to a Vision. JMO    BDC

Hartless

Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

Burt_066

I'm new to Vision ownership but it feels like someone attacked a member of my family
                 Bobby...

Re-Vision

Burt_066, Not sure what you consider as family, the Vision or another ROV'er. What we share here as a community is the Vision and I was expressing what I think makes the Vision worth preserving. I consider the tank as important stuff and was sharing with shop Rat as to what is good from my viewpoint. My criticism is reserved to the bike's appearance and functionality and should not be construed as an attack. When family members have a difference of opinion about something I believe that we should be able to comment without worrying whether it appears as a personal attack. Once again JMO.    BDC

P.S. Glad you are here and I mean it.

Burt_066

My coment was about the unhappy vision owner that wrote the article. Not the plastic tank. I just spent a day doing the POR-15 treatment to my tank and to tell you the truth, after all that work a plastic tank souds good.         Bobby...

Shop Rat

Quote from: Re-Vision on March 28, 2011, 05:02:30 PM
To each his own but I believe a teardrop tank is the ugliest thing that can be done to a Vision. JMO    BDC

Both of the Vision tanks I have need serious work. Usual stuff, rust holes, a dent, that kind of thing. So much easier to adapt the Harley tank and let more of the carbs show.

FC
frankcalandra49@gmail.com
'82 XZ550
'83 CB1100F

fret not

Without the original tank shape the bike loses a significant something.  Remember the air box is pretty large and has to fit inside/under the tank.  It will be interesting to see what you come up with. :)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!