AppleJack! WAS in Da House! ...STOLEN

Started by YellowJacket!, March 15, 2011, 06:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Trouble seems to sneak up on me every so often and this time its in the form of another two wheel project.  One of my classmates has a mid 90's CBR 750 that was "dropped" and suffered a bit of cosmetic (only) damage.  He doesn't have any time or desire to do the work on it and its paid for and titled so he decided to GIVE it to me.  Yes, you heard correctly GIVE it to me.  I offered to pay him for it but he told me that he just wnats to get rid of it.  And yes, he has a valid title for it too...

So, sometime over the summer break from school, I will be moving a small cot out into my storage shed and making room for a new motorcycle next to me as my wife is...well, she's pretty pissed.  But, hey, it was free...just like YJ.

I'll post some pics after I get it home at some point.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Raj1988

BULL#$%^

Good things do happen to good people!!!!

I really need to work on being GOOD...
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Lucky

Well, if you need to hide it at my house, Spectre won't mind, lol
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

spectre

Quote from: YellowJacket! on March 15, 2011, 06:49:42 PM
two wheel project. mid 90's CBR 750. GIVE it to me.  valid title.
:o
david, you lucky guy, the motorcycle god's like you!   ;D

You'd better ride it by our house so I can drool on it.  :)

1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

VFan

...as my wife is...well, she's pretty pissed.

Perhaps a little caution is in order. Be careful or you could find that your ROV forum password has been changed   ;D

Coil Coyle

Don't reply with anything you regret, Dave.
:) :)
Just ride it out and keep taking the vitamin D.

$0.02
;)
Coil

YellowJacket!

WoooHoooo!  More details.  Its a 2004 CBR 600RR.  I need to get a couple fairing brackets for it, a new battery, and a trailer to pick it up with...or a pickup truck.  I also have to raise $1.00 to purchase it with.  :-)  !!
Just needs a little work and should be rideable.

David

fret not

Wow, man!  That's a major score.  Now don't get caught up in trying to drag your foot pegs. ;)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Raj1988

you lucky ba$*"!d thats one of my dream bikes

;D

vadasz1

Damned it Dave.  That's what I call a $6000 dollar give away.

I bet it will go great towards your tuition fees.  ;)
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

YellowJacket!

Having a serious disagreement with the wife over this one.  She told me that she "went easy" on me when I got YJ but she is not going to budge on this one and she doubts (and is probably right) that I will sell YJ in order to keep the CBR.  I still have plenty of room in my barn though and I may let my friend keep it there and ease her into it.

It is too nice an opportunity to pass up but the risks are pretty high.   :(

David

Re-Vision

Tell her that she can bring her mother back to stay with you all, if you can handle a trade-off like that. HaHa      BDC

Raj1988

Bah humbug... tell her its for her birthday :)

Shop Rat

Quote from: YellowJacket! on March 27, 2011, 09:29:31 AM
Having a serious disagreement with the wife over this one.  She told me that she "went easy" on me when I got YJ but she is not going to budge on this one and she doubts (and is probably right) that I will sell YJ in order to keep the CBR.  I still have plenty of room in my barn though and I may let my friend keep it there and ease her into it.

It is too nice an opportunity to pass up but the risks are pretty high.   :(

David

One risk being once you get that animal roadworthy and put some miles on it, YJ will lose a lot of its appeal to you, and end up on Craig's List.  Don't give it away.

Frank C.
frankcalandra49@gmail.com
'82 XZ550
'83 CB1100F

YellowJacket!

YJ has a very special place in my heart and I don't think I could ever give her away.  If - and thats a remote if - I would rather sell it to someone I know and someone that is familiar with the Vision and will truely appreciate it.

The other thing is that YJ is my link to ROV and I don't want to be like all those before me that "moved up" to a better bike and moved on.  Y'all are like family and I could never leave. <snif>

The CBR is a beast of a bike and from what I've been reading.  Inline 4 with upwards of 120hp, handles and performs great but really isn't a practical bike.  Doesn't matter that it will only seat one since my wife will never get on a bike even if its strapped down at 4 points - just aint gonna happen.  Plus, I've gotten used to all the convenient storage that YJ has.

It'll be more of a fun bike for me and another project.  It'll also depend on the insurance as well as I'm unemployed for the next two years and there is no way that Vicki will allow me to insure another bike...let alone own one.

I think for now, I'll just let my friend "store" it in my barn.  Just hope there is room enough for me in there too....

David

Coil Coyle

Pull the plugs and drop a table spoon of ATF down each hole, turn it over, replace the plugs and do some work planting flowers in the yard this Spring.

:)
Coil

YellowJacket!

ooohhhhh this is gonna be tough.

Pic of what the bike looks like - but not the exact one.  Has some minor fairing damage that I can fix.  Actual pics soon....

David

fret not

Dave, take an assessment of your personality and that of the CBR.  Do they fit?  The CBR is a SPORT bike by TODAY'S standards, and I would guess you are less drawn to knee the dragging type riding and traffic tickets that sport bikes seem to bring, not to mention the insurance.  You want to work in the medical industry, not be a patient, right? :police:

Will selling the CBR cause any ill feelings between you and your friend that gave it to you?  Split the proceeds?   ;)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Raj1988

Dont listen to fret.. just cuz you can go 100miles an hour in a heartbeat doesnt mean you willl..

just knowing that you can will suffice as you idle down main street and wave at the birds

Re-Vision

David, hope your CBR is Yellow. That is one nice machine even if it does have a chain. Fix it up and ride or sell, you bought it and its your choice.  Balance your wants with your need of keeping your wife happy.  JMO    BDC