News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Seat ideas?

Started by rockinjer, March 16, 2011, 09:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockinjer

Hi i was just messing around with gimp (free photo editor) and thought it might be cool to mess around with the seat on the vision, i recenlty got a Full 82 parts bike with a stock fairing and 83 RISERS SCORE!!! and almost perfect chrome mufflers, that my uncle picked up for me. anyways it has a seat that is trashed and i was thinking about putting more foam in the rear of it and making it appear more sporty now that i have 2 visions and 2 of everything i can modify anything i want.

Have any of my vision bro's done a seat like this?

(This pic is not my bike but one that i edited the seat and color)

https://picasaweb.google.com/RockinJer/YamahaXZ550?feat=directlink
1982 XZ550

AdvRich

Congrats on your your bike. I've not done anything like that, but the thought came looking at your mock up. If this is a no passenger design, what about a solo seat and then create a fiberglass cowl for the remainder of seat area that lifted or hinged up for storage perhaps? If you opt for stock there are usually a few on ebay. Rich

Re-Vision

Matching the color of the seat cover or a fiberglass cowling to the bike would look real good, I think that seat looks as good or better than any seat I've seen. Build it.   BDC

Rikugun

Not a seat comment but someone was looking for clean stock mufflers in the Swap section if you're interested in selling or barter?
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

rockinjer

Quote from: Rikugun on March 16, 2011, 10:46:15 PM
Not a seat comment but someone was looking for clean stock mufflers in the Swap section if you're interested in selling or barter?

i saw that, ill have to really clean them up and see what they look like, his bike is way clean. i think i want them for myself, but you never know

I think i will attempt to build this seat this spring or summer  ;D
1982 XZ550

Raj1988

looks a lot like the corbin gunfighter. Go to Lucky;s site and check out the corbin dual seat and how he built his, Should give you some ideas
Cheers
Suraj
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Lucky

Here you go:
http://www.xz550.com/seat.html

i'll have to get you pics of the finished product sometime soon.
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

rockinjer

nice Lucky, i have the same idea exept flat on top, i would like to see it finished though
1982 XZ550

Tiger

Quote from: Lucky on March 17, 2011, 10:53:44 PM
Here you go:
http://www.xz550.com/seat.html

i'll have to get you pics of the finished product sometime soon.

:) I used this diagram for the seat on 'The Mistress' several years ago.

I took all the info' & my stock seat in to a shop and said 'here is what I want'...the guy was impressed with the info'. A week or so later and VOILA!! The guy used Corbin material on the bum sections and regular grain material for the rest...all in Black...It looks really sharp. I get quite a few comments on it... 8)

8) .......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Brian Moffet

I need to have mine (which was the genesis of Lucky's drawings) recovered.  It is now 21 years old...

Unfortunately Corbin doesn't answer my emails...

Brian

Night Vision

Quote from: Brian Moffet on March 18, 2011, 03:40:59 PM
I need to have mine (which was the genesis of Lucky's drawings) recovered.  It is now 21 years old...

Unfortunately Corbin doesn't answer my emails...

Brian

try Sargent Seats Custom Seat Services... http://www.sargentcycle.com/custserv.htm

I've been toying around with the idea of sending mine to them to recover and add some ATOMIC FOAM  :o
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano