starter clutch looks like a gonner....:(

Started by Hartless, March 20, 2011, 12:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBS

Perhaps the flywheel threads could be re cut up to the next size and an appropriate bolt be used.

Hartless

Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

jasonm.

Quote from: cvincer on March 21, 2011, 10:37:54 PM

Does the Vision use the same starter clutch as any other bikes?                                                               

(Have already copied the list of bikes that use the same stator + that the brake caliper is the same as an RZ350)
1200 and 1300 Venture 83-93 and Vmax 84-98 at least
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Hartless

got  new one(used) from re vision. already on the bike and going good. just need to clean carbs again!

davexz

I'd be worried about the oil pump screen being clogged with metal filings after that.  If you have oil pressure problems that would be one place to look.  That's what happened to me.

Hartless

yes.... i am kinda worried as well. i read your thread about how you found yours clogged and thought to myself , " did i check that?" no haha. and i do not have an oil pressure gauge yet , but it does not seem as though the pressure is low.i will probably check fairly soon

davexz

If you ever do get in there at the oil pump you might want tape a magnet on a wire and run it around on the bottom of your oil pan after you take the pump out.  I did that and collected more tiny metal pieces.