News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Everett, WA - Vancouver, BC 3/23/11 Wednesday 9AM / return by 2PM

Started by VisionSeattle, March 22, 2011, 08:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VisionSeattle

Anyone care to tag along?  I'm riding up to Vancouver to rescue some Vision parts that otherwise will go to recycle. This will be my 2nd trip, I know exactly how to get to the place where an ROV'er has parts waiting for me.  Weather looks good for the ride! 

PM me by this evening if you are interested.

Hartless

would love to but my bike isnt running at the moment. might be riding from portland to bc in august though.....
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

VisionSeattle

Quote from: Hartless on March 22, 2011, 09:33:39 PM
would love to but my bike isnt running at the moment. might be riding from portland to bc in august though.....
What, you've got over 10 hours to fix that bike and 3 hours to get up to Everett! :D  Sorry to hear it's not running currently...however this weather has not cooperated much for fair weather riding...tomorrow is forecast to be another fair day then back to rain for several days.

Catch you later!

Hartless

well right about now your enjoying your self more than i am.. i would have  but im waiting on parts

VisionSeattle

Quote from: Hartless on March 23, 2011, 12:36:11 PM
well right about now your enjoying your self more than i am.. i would have  but im waiting on parts
It was a good ride, however creeping thru a long line at the border was not fun...took 1 hour, 15 min at Pacific crossing (alternative to I-5).  Was chilly on the ride north in the morning, then perfect riding back.

Hartless

im glad you had fun...are yhose saddle bags yours ? did they come with the parts?

rockinjer

1982 XZ550

VisionSeattle

Quote from: Hartless on March 24, 2011, 12:46:03 PM
im glad you had fun...are yhose saddle bags yours ? did they come with the parts?
The bags are standard BMW "K-bike" side cases.  K75, K100, K1100 all use them. However, I've seen some aftermarket bags on some Vision's. Lucky has some hard cases and a local Seattle guy has soft cases that seemed to fit the Vision pretty nicely.

And speaking of bags, the trunk is an adaptation.  My bike is a K1100RS, and the large trunk is from a K1100LT (see attached LT model), I cut away some material on an LT trunk mount to adapt it to an aftermarket Reynolds rack (see attached pic of my RS with LT trunk).

Hartless

very nice , i had a vetter trunk on my V that looked horrible , it was on rack from some kind of suzuki...? that i made fit my vision temporarily

pullshocks

Good score.  Looks like you don't need my set of carbs any more, eh?

In a couple weeks when I get my fork rebuild done, we'll do some WAROV rides, eh?  Maybe we can roust the long-silent Fiat Doctor to join in

VisionSeattle

Quote from: pullshocks on April 06, 2011, 02:32:31 AM
Good score.  Looks like you don't need my set of carbs any more, eh?

In a couple weeks when I get my fork rebuild done, we'll do some WAROV rides, eh?  Maybe we can roust the long-silent Fiat Doctor to join in
Yeah, jh hooked me up for a bargain on those carbs.  Everything else was free.

WAROV rides?  Possibly, this soggy weather sure has dampened my riding opportunities lately.