Main Menu

*wave*

Started by Aelwulf, March 30, 2011, 03:51:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aelwulf

Hey all.  Just thought I'd say hi, glad to see the forum's still around.  I hadn't been able to get it to load for a while.  I've made some small progress on the '82: starter rebuilt, carb boots resealed, some minor on the electrical.  I mostly need to get the carbs rebuilt & the tank done, then get a lift to do the front springs & bearings & she should be set.  Maybe a new paint job. ;) They've both been sitting longer than I like but not much to help with that lately.

I still have the '83 as well I'm willing to sell if anyone in the general central Cali (or maybe bit further) area is looking for a good one that should just need a little work.  I may be moving to Florida over the summer (50/50 chance for now) so it'd go with me to there if not sold & an interest exists.

Anyhoo, hope to get to be around some more.  Most forums are blocked at work now & that's usually where my time for 'em was. :P Ride safe!

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

YellowJacket!

Hey man!  Good to see you still checking in.  Still have the Meanie?

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Aelwulf

Hey YJ.  Sorry for delay.  Shortly after posting this I started having issues accessing the forum.  Thought it was dead for a bit. :(

Yep, still have the Meanie.  It's been really stable and going on 30k miles.  Work got worse after that time-wise including a move so Vision's still got a couple things to go too.  But both still turn over fine so just need to get 'er done as it were.  I'm deployed for now so it'll have to wait 'til I get back.  We're in NM now.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)