News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

rear fender removal

Started by GAJim, December 24, 2003, 08:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAJim

For those that have removed the rear fender on the V.  which I do like the loooks better; did you just remove the whole fender or cut it?  How did you make a holder for the license palte?  I know Frankenvision was modified and Blakes picture shows a vision with no rear fender.  please tell your methods

thanks
jim

Blake

well i can tell you my method..

photo shop!!  ;D

haha..

but what you do is you have to cut it off... because the fender and wheel well is all one piece...

behind the fender flap is a piece of metal youll have to cut through too.. basically just get a piece of tap..draw a line you like..and jig saw it out.. as for the license plate holder.. id say just leave enough to be able to mount it.  or..you could do as some of my sportbiker friends did.  mount it infront of the rear tire under the seat.. so its seen.. and simply add a LED to shine on it if you do a lot of night riding..otherwise..if just day..your pretty good.

just thought about the license plate infront of the rear wheel..not sure..but dont know if we have enough seat height for it to be seen. but then again..the sportbike ones ive seen cant fully be seen when your 50 feet back.  you can see most of the plate.. but then it all depends how the cops are in your area.

hope this helps some.

Blake.
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Blake

OH... just thought of perfect way..

go to home depot and get some angle brackets... little L shaped things with a couple of holes on each end.  just bolt it to the wheel well under the seat.. get yourself maybe a 1/8" thick piece of steel strap (about 3/4 to 1" wide..comes in about 3' legnths..cost about 5 bucks)  but take the strap, cut it to the width of the license plate, drill holes in it for the plate mount, then mount the center to the angle bracket.  instant plate holder.   and if you need a little more room, just bend the angle bracket some, so the plate is "laying down" a little bit more.. again same thing with the LED for a light.  

total cost: maybe 6 bucks..

Actually.. i think i have the strap and angle brackets hanging around somewhere... later il go throw one together and take a picture for you. never thought about that...maybe i could use one too.... ill see if i have any of that stuff left...

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."