101 uses for YAMABOND?

Started by VFan, April 04, 2011, 08:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VFan

If I remember correctly, it's been a couple of years since I purchased my tube of YAMALUBE. I bought it to seal the wires for my rebuilt stator. At the time I took note of the line item on the directions "For best results, contents of this tube should be used within one year of purchase." So here it is 2 years later and I haven't used any of my YAMALUBE since using that initial dab. I can already tell that my $12 tube is going to go to waste.

So with the intent of using my YAMALUBE before it drys up, other than for gasket forming what do you use it for?

Rikugun

You didn't say which one you have but davexz used #5 to seal his YICS so there is one for ya!  :D
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

VFan

I had forgotten about the #s. I have #4.

Thanks
Kent

Walt_M.

I believe you are referring to YamaBOND. Big difference.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Rikugun

Yes, I think we knew what he meant ;)

Yamabond is what you seal the stator wires with to keep the Yamalube from escaping!  :D
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

VFan

Quote from: Walt_M. on April 05, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
I believe you are referring to YamaBOND. Big difference.

Whoops! You're right. I have a big tube of YAMABOND 4 still sitting in my toolbox.