Potential Summer Trip Plans

Started by kwells, April 12, 2011, 05:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

Today I was talking to Inanecathode about taking an extended weekend bike trip in July. My brother will be buying a Vision so it looks like it will end up being a Visionionary ride. I was thinking about going from Denver to the Arizona area.  I know it will be hot in July but there is some nice terrain on the way too.  Denver to Montrose to Telluride to Durango are areas I'd like to definitely go through but not sure about beyond that point. Any ideas? 

I'm thinking about around a 4-5 day total trip.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

akvision

Any Visionaries near Denver want to meet up with Akvision..   I am in town for the "ride" till next Thursday.  (but I'm on my old beemer).

respond here and at:    usa584@gmail.com

would like to meet up.

akvision
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

kwells

I'm def up for some riding. I'm still working out the bugs on the Vision but have a back up Triumph that would do the job.  Where are you located?

Kevin
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

akvision

Kwells

I'm in Littleton... am here till Saturday.

jim  akvision  on my r75/7
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

supervision

Go to Page, Az. then on to Jacob Lake, out to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, back to Zion and Bryce, may sure to swim at Ruby Inn,  then leave out though Escalnte Canyon. That is the best trip Barb and I have been on, we made in the pickup pulling 56' SHASTA, based at RUBY'S INN. Bunch of good turns too!
" border="0

mtbear

If you end up coming through the Walsenburg CO. area on way home. Give me a call if you need a place to stay.
If I am home lol. ;D
mtbear

Cdnlouie

I am going to be in the Denver area (from Toronto) by July 17th, 18th and heading to the west coast.  I was thinking of heading more northerly, but keep me posted as it is worth seeing if there is some room for plans to overlap.

Sounds great!

supervision

Your riding to the West Coast, Louie?
" border="0

Cdnlouie

Yeah heading up out of Denver to Yellowstone, then Missoula and over to Seattle, at least that is the tentative plan. I gotta see how this goes, as I really want to see as much of those lovely mountains as possible.