News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

First (& 2nd) ride of 2011(with pictures)...

Started by Tiger, April 23, 2011, 07:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) I finished off the Suzi' Intruder yesterday and did a wee tidy of the garage. Next came the back yard...(dog poop patrol!!)... by which time the sun was actually shining :o Mother nature and old man winter must have been having an afternoon siesta :o :P

Hmmmmmmmmmm....a quick shower, bike gear on and off 'The Mistress' and I went for a wee jaunt 8) Sunny it maybe, it's still rather chilly here, so we were only out for an hour...but what a great hour 8) We shook some of the winter cobwebs off of each other during that time. The new Avon tires, fitted over the winter, are superb. Just need to do a wee tweak here and there, however, nothing major...Let the season begin ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D.... 8)  

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kev10104

The only thing better than the anticipation of the first ride is the first ride itself.Good weather ahead.Just not today.

vadasz1

I hope Monday and Tuesday will be dry days, as I still have to get my headlight fixed.

Then I will be riding every  night to work.

I hope the Little Town of ERIN doesn't mind a loud MAC piped Vision to go thru it every night.   ;)
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

AdvRich

Thumbs Up Tiger! I see you've got a pic of the Mistress as your avatar... any bigger versions available?

Tiger

Quote from: AdvRico on April 24, 2011, 08:58:57 AM
Thumbs Up Tiger! I see you've got a pic of the Mistress as your avatar... any bigger versions available?

:) Pictures of 'The Mistress' on there way to you via email...Thanks for the interest 8)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Tiger

:) Hooooooya...after doing my Saturday chores around the old place...including swapping out the winter wheels/tires on my Chevy Uplander, I decided it was time to get showered.

Sun was up and around 16c (64'ish f)...time to go for a ride 8) I had a wee scoot around the area and eventually ended up at Canadian_Lou's place. We yakked a while about Visions, this and that...you know, just putting the world to rights LOL. His wife  graciously offered me supper, which I was more than happy to accept. Superb burgers from the BBQ and all the fixin's, mmmmmmm.

WOW!!! before I knew it, it was 10 after 7 (pm)...Now fed and watered, it was time to say my farewells, climb aboard 'The Mistress' and head North for home...and what a pleasant ride home it was, a grand way to end the day. Another great day where you would have to kick me in the nuts to remove that smile from my face... :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

Hartless

is there anyway you can post a picture or two of the misstress, i want to see how good she looks andim sure many others do as well
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

AdvRich

Pics look great Tiger! Sounds like your having a good time with Spring finally rolling in up there. I can host and post the pics you sent me for others if ya like... Rich

Tiger

Quote from: AdvRico on April 28, 2011, 12:06:04 PM
I can host and post the pics you sent me for others if ya like... Rich

:) Please do...

Re-Vision

Wish we could have a site where anyone could post a picture of their bike and themselves for everyone to see.    BDC

vadasz1

We could make a common photobucket account and every member would know the password.  I just hope that no one decides to erase other member's pics in spite.  But I don't think I would have to worry about that from you bunch, eh? 

Just my $0.02 worth.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

VFan

We could make a common photobucket account and every member would know the password.

I'm not exactly sure that I'm following. What's the difference between having a common photobucket posting area verses just having each of us listing the links here to each of our own photobuck postings? Wouldn't that be the best of both worlds?  VFan

The Prophet of Doom

How about just a "This is me and my bike" picture thread
People can put there pics where they like (photobucket, google docs etc) just like they do for images now. 
For anyone who struggles with uploading images, just email them to me and I'll find space for them on my server and return you a URL to paste into your post.

AdvRich

Here ya go Tiger. Took a little twisting of the digi wrenches to get the last two, but all eight are of them are now there now. Enjoy, Rich

kev10104

Tiger

:) Thanks Rich... 8)

'The Mistress' morphs a wee bit every year!!! Here are some answers to some pm's/emails I've received...

She started life as a stock, 1982, Star Silver, naked Vision. Went with the custom paint job, (1972 Lamborghini Orange with pearl blown in), full '83 fairing and custom seat for the start of her second season with me. A few years ago, I was loading her up on the trailer for a winter bike show, when she fell over and flipped off :o :o necessitating the need to find another fairing (Thank you N_V). It was pristine and was off of an American '83. I removed the gold decals and VOILA, back on the road again. Each year, for the past four years, I have changed the saddle bags...soft side first, small hard set, a large hard set and for the start of last season the Krausers. Last year I installed a GIVI top box... 8) She has an '83 front end, American '83 gold rims, FZ rotors, '83 rear shock, '83 front foot rest brackets, Yamaha Venture foot pegs, '83 gear shifter, '83 foot brake, etc, etc.....and for this season... ;)

I would love to have an accessable 'Vision Photo Gallery', for sure...... 8)

Hartless

im dreamimg of the day mine looks as good. :) where did you  get that seat? or was it made and if you dont mind me asking how much? if anyone has a similar seat they would like to sell i might be interested
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

Oz Vision

Quote from: Hartless on April 29, 2011, 12:23:10 PM
im dreamimg of the day mine looks as good. :) where did you  get that seat? or was it made and if you dont mind me asking how much? if anyone has a similar seat they would like to sell i might be interested

Yes Tiger, what about that seat? Think I'll take my spare seat to an upholsterer along with your pic and see what they can do.
1982 Yamaha XZ 550 - 16R x 2
1972 Yamaha AS3 125 twin 
1971 Yamaha DS7 250 twin 
1987 Yamaha XJ 900F
1985 Yamaha FZ 750

Tiger

:) Thanks for all the positive comments guys, much appreciated 8)

The seat... http://www.xz550.com/seat.html (Thanks to Lucky/Brian). I took my seat to an upholsterer, along with the info' from Lucky's site and a few weeks later...VOILA!!! The upholsterer was really pleased to have all the details...made his work easier!!

Its basically a stock seat with a block of foam glued on and recovered :o... ;) They used regular black grain and corbin material to get the look that I wanted.

Cost me approx' $120/130.00...six years ago ('ish)... but worth every cent 8)

don_vanecek

Glad to say that last Thursday none of the other persons in my car pool were going to work that day so since I was on my own the V got the call! Happy to say the winter cop webs were all blown out and she is running as nice as ever. Tiger, it did however need a new battery-but I got four summers out of the last one, I did good and it charged 14.1-14.3 all day Thursday!