News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Lucky's in the hospital...

Started by spectre, April 27, 2011, 06:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spectre

Hey everyone, earlier today, I was called out of school early, when I got home, my mother, (kitty) told me that my dad (lucky) was in the hospital. He had been having chest pains, heavy breathing, and jaw pains (the nerve running to the jaw being the closest thing for the heart to affect, I'm sure Dave can attest to this) so kitty called 911, and they dispatched an ambulence to our house, they got to our house, and put him on a stretcher and brought him to parkwest hospital (#1 in the state for cardiology) hearing all this, me and my brother (jacob) got ready, and left to go to the hospital. when we got there they were doing a (standard) procedure on him, a heart cath into the right atria, where they found a 100% blocked artery and a partially blocked one :( they put 3 stents in, and a temporary pacemaker, which was removed afterwards. we were finally able to see him, and he seemed really out of it. he seemed to be able to think and speak clearly, but I think he may have still been weary for some medicine. we were able to see him a little later, and he was doing much better, and don't worry, he was still able to screw with me.  >:( :D ;D ;) the doctor said that he is doing better, and that they will have to take a look at that other artery in 6-8 weeks, but he's going to be in the hospital for a few days, mom's suprisingly not freaking out, jacob is handling it well, and I think I am too, but it's still pretty hard to see him like that :( In the mean time, it's going to be a healthy house from now on.
-Kenny
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

YellowJacket!

Kenny, Jacob and Penny,

I'm so very sorry that I didn't listen to my voicemail earlier today.  They're pretty strict with us about phones in class and because I had my ringer off, I didn't think to check the message until you called me back.

Pete IS in a good hospital for hearts and lots of other things and I trust any and all of the nurses in the ICU with my life...and the doctors too.  Just don't tell them that you are friends with me as they may put Lucky in 4 point restraints and roll him down the stairs....just kidding.  ::)

Anyway, I have several tests to take tomorrow and I will be there as soon as I'm done.  In the mean time, I will keep all of you in my prayers...and Vicki will too.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Re-Vision

Spectre, tell Lucky to take care of his self and we will soon be hearing from him directly. Our thoughts are for your family and our prayers are for a speedy recovery, continue to help one another and soon things will get back to normal. Wishing ya'll the best.     BDC

Tiger

:o WOW!!!...Please let your dad know that Tiger and Cathy are thinking of him and your family. All our best wishes for a safe & speedy recovery... 8) I'm sure he is in good hands...explain to him that they are just cleaning and syncin' his carbs ;D :D :D :D... ;)

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)             
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Rikugun

Wow, 100% blocked!  It's good he recognized the symptoms and reached out for help. Sounds like he's in good hands now and will begin his journey to wellness soon.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

vadasz1

You all are in my prayers so that Lucky will get a speedy recovery.

Looks like he got 'LUCKY' with a 100% blockage in him.  I hope he doesn't try to explain to the doctors how similarly finicky the human heart is just like the carbs on a Vision.   ;)
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

louthepou

Here's another Canadian friend thinking about Lucky and his family! Get well my good man

Louis
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Raj1988

Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Night Vision

there's nothing like a near death experience... I had one about a year and a half ago.. maybe two.....

now you get to use my favorite expression that I use everytime I come back from a motorcycle ride...

well, looks like I cheated death again  ;D ;D ;D

congratulations cheater.. and get well soon !

oh yeah, don't forget, you're getting near the 50,000 mile rear end service  :o , if you know what I mean   :laugh:
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

VFan

Definitely very serious stuff. We are all thinking of Lucky hoping for the best, which certainly includes a speedy recovery.

VFan

Cdnlouie

Our thoughts and prayers are with you today, you are very blessed to be still be with us.  This is truly one of the highsides in life.  Get well soon!  ;)

akvision

Yeah, Lucky you...

AKVision says.. no more greasy burgers for you.. just veggy burgers...

My best wishes and get well soon.. the V is waiting and we all know it needs to be run regular.

Take care, Lucky..

Jim.. Akvision,
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

rockinjer

1982 XZ550

spectre

The whole family (excluding dad) has gotten to see this, and it means a lot guys ;) lucky's still in the ICU but he is doing MUCH better. The horrible weather prevented us from getting out of the hospital untill 12:00 so were all pretty tired...
Dave, don't worry about the message, it's cool ;)
and lol, I'll try to keep my lips sealed, but I'm not making any promises, trust me he is still has his sense of humor, when I made a joke about his shaved chest he replied with a comical "F you."  :D ;D ;)
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

fret not

Wow! What a shock. :o  My thoughts are with you all.  This is a wake up call for a lifestyle change.  We can all learn to like foods that are better and more healthy for us, and it is worth the effort.  To quote Red Green, "We're all pullin' for ya."
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

kev10104

All the best to you and your family."Lucky" to have caught it when you did.

lexx790

Get well soon mate, Best wishes from across the pond.

Simon

Walt_M.

Hey, get well soon! I almost didn't see this for the latest goofball post.
Whale oil beef hooked!

mdskinner731

good luck with the recovery best wishes from the skinner family here in ny
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

Shop Rat

If they suggest bypasses, insist on color-coded AN fittings and braided lines!

Get well soon!

Frank C.
frankcalandra49@gmail.com
'82 XZ550
'83 CB1100F