News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Lucky's in the hospital...

Started by spectre, April 27, 2011, 06:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdvRich

Have ya considered an in-line cholesterol filter.... ;D  So glad to hear you made it to the hospital in time... good call. All the best to you all and speedy recovery Lucky. Rich

VFan

Quote from: AdvRico on April 28, 2011, 11:55:48 AM
Have ya considered an in-line cholesterol filter.... ;D  So glad to hear you made it to the hospital in time... good call. All the best to you all and speedy recovery Lucky. Rich

based on Lucky's mechanical design abilities and inclination to take on a "fix it" challenge it wouldn't surprise me if he rigs up something  ;)

Re-Vision

I've been accusing my wife of trying to finish me off with cholesterol for the last fifty years and all she does is tell her friends not to do it, it takes too long.    BDC

spectre

Haha, we went to see him again today, and he still hasn't gotten to get on, but I told him what you guys have said, it put a smile on his face, and he told me to tell you all that he really appreciates your concern, and all the kind words :) He was doing much better today, and is now allowed to walk around wherever he wants :D
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

Hartless

isnt there some kind of meter to install for that? :) it sounds as if recovery is going well, i hope it stays that way and to see Lucky back on here soon!
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

fret not

Somebody take some USB jumper cables to Lucky so he can get back on line. ;)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Lucky

Hey all! :)
Like an old Vision, it's going to take a little more than some rust & neglect to kill me!..

Thank you all for your concern & caring, I truly do apreciate it.

Here's the story from my vantage point:

Wendsday my wife & I always have off.  the kids are in school & it's "our" time.  We were sitting on the porch listening to the radion & watching the weather.  they were tracking a tornado heading prettymuch straight for us.  we had decided to make a bee line for the old hospital across the street because they said we had about 16 minuets.

As i sat to get my shoes on, i got very sick & very hot.. so much so that all i could do was get into bed..  i told Penny to call 911, i knew i wasn't going to make it to her car..  they got there very quickly. once at the hospital i felt really, really bad & crashed while in admiting.  the attending Dr put in a temporarry pacemaker (TCI :D ) & sent me straight up to the cath lab.  My cardiologist was the Dr there so he knew me, & my situation..

I've had 2 stents put in 9/05 & those 2 were completely blocked.  I got 3 new stents on Wendsdays  anmd in about a month i have to go back for another 1 or 2 on the front part of my heart.  they are giving these first 3  time to heal & my heart to strengthen before doing the others.

So, i'm home, i'm ok & i'm taking it easy.  there were lifestyle changes the first time around that slowly fell by the wayside in the last few years, that need to be reinforced. but i'm not going anywhere for a while, my wife is too pretty & my kids are too cool! i've got lots more to watch yet!
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Lucky

By the way, I once saw a bumper sticker that read:
"I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I don't want to see you everyday!"

I'm pretty sure for the little bit I was 'gone', I saw most of you there! :D

Tiger

8) Welcome back buddy... 8)

With your temp' TCI and three new in-line filters your good to go again, me thinks :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

Now you can supervise Spectre when he does Kitty's front forks, that should be with you veeeery soon.......plus any other work that needs doing around the place. Not forgetting to get you a beer now and again to 'wet the whistle' as you explain Vision fundamentals to him ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Remember, ya have to go to hell before ya get to heaven...see ya there, one day ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... :angel:

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

spectre

Quote from: Tiger on April 30, 2011, 06:53:05 PM
plus any other work that needs doing around the place.
Hey now!  :D haha ;)
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

kiawrench

Lucky,
sorry to hear of temp health drop,, am not in an area where i can get online often- but i checked the forum and saw the posting and had to drop a note.
      with continued luck, you will get back into riding shape soon , am sure kitty and the kid will keep the bikes running a time or two each week until you can ride again.
  from what i know of you ,that means a week or three at most . will drop by green zone soon, will get in a prayer for you then. or sooner if i cross paths with Rabbi Izahi ( us army  reserve clegyman)

keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

mdskinner731

lucky!!!  congrats on the recovery!!!!   :)  :)
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

joenurse

I'm glad you went to the hospital when the pain started, and I'm glad your getting better. Now, follow whatever rehab instructions you get to prevent this from happening again (its like changing your brake bar bolts)

*disclaimer*  I am an Emergency Nurse...I would lecture a cardiologist after an MI so don't take it personally

When your all well and better, we need to put together a meet-up for those of us below the Mason-Dixon

Joe

(by the way, just so you know, limiting yourself to one fried twinky doesn't make it a cardiac diet)   ;D
Sometimes you have to lose everything before you can find yourself

Kevin

Sorry I haven't checked in in a while. I'm very glad to see your doing ok. Sounds like you had a strong warning.

Lucky

a little more than a strong warning, they had to restart me.  but i'm feeling pretty good, & taking care like i'm not...

kev10104

Welcome back Lucky.Funny how everyone on here seems like family.

Lucky

akvision

Yeah, sounds like a finniky carb, vision's teach us a lot about life..

got to blow all the lines and get good flow... works for the Heart too.   You know who your friends are..don't you.

Just a knik in the road.. now do the right things to correct the issues.  We are all glad your still with us.

akv
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

Re-Vision

Re-Vision

Looks like I need a couple of by-passes for my old ticker, anyone know of any alternative methods?     BDC