News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Lucky's in the hospital...

Started by spectre, April 27, 2011, 06:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkvision

I'm also praying for Lucky's speedy recovery.  Thank God for great doctors, nurses, hospitals and medical treatment.
Spectre , thanks for letting us know how your Dad and your family are doing. Lucky is a great guy and we wish him all the best.
Sincerely, DarkV

Night Vision

Quote from: Re-Vision on May 10, 2011, 08:56:53 AM
Looks like I need a couple of by-passes for my old ticker, anyone know of any alternative methods?     BDC

don't mean to hijack Lucky's get well, but I'm sorry to hear Bobby has fuel line probs too...

he's good people and let's hope for his recovery too...
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on May 10, 2011, 09:15:46 PM
Quote from: Re-Vision on May 10, 2011, 08:56:53 AM
Looks like I need a couple of by-passes for my old ticker, anyone know of any alternative methods?     BDC

don't mean to hijack Lucky's get well, but I'm sorry to hear Bobby has fuel line probs too...

he's good people and let's hope for his recovery too...

8)...DITTO. Keep yer chin up Bobby boy...

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

pullshocks

I don't usually read  the "off topic" board, so I missed this.  Take care of yourself Lucky.  I've been where you're at, and I remember the emotions in the days and weeks following.  I'm with you.

AdvRich

Speedy recovery and improved health to you too Bobby. Rich

Re-Vision

I'm not sure about the speedy part, doctors wanted to give me a double by-pass. I chose to come home and I'm now looking for a different way to unclog my pipes. Chelation seems to be my best (only) option now as I don't want to harm my beautiful old body with any extra holes and scars. LOL. Hope I can be as ornery as Lucky and improve my health.     BDC

Ron_McCoy

Finally found this thread. Best wishes Lucky. hope your recovery goes well.

Ron

Lucky

why can't they do stents? it's almost (well, ok, not quite,) an outpatient procedure...
My 'holes' have healed up, looking at me you'd never know I had anything done (but boy, someon went wild with the razor, lol!!)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Re-Vision

Doc said vessels were too small for a stent and one artery had two blockages. I thought about the folks I've seen with bypass scars and decided to look for some other procedure. Wish me luck or contact my wife for some Vision bargains if you don't hear from me for awhile. LOL  Thanks all for the kind thoughts.   BDC

Lucky

I can understand about the smaller ones, but i have 2 in one artery.. wasnt a problem..  but every situation is different.

i'm not so sure about the chelation... sounds like snake oil...

Bobby, when they tell you 'your only option is... or there's nothing we can do'  DONT accept it!  they told me i couldnt put a primer in that carb (http://ridersofvision.net/rovforum/index.php?topic=12989.0) i said bullshit!

years ago i had MASSIVE bone spurs in my heels, called Haglunds Deformity, only mine were approx 30 times worse.  I had 5, (FIVE!) doctors tell me there was nothing that could be done, & i would be wheelchair bound for the rest of my life (at 32). finally i found a doctor who does reconstructive surgery. he sait, quote: "Sure I can fix that, no problem!"
i've got big scars up the back of my legs, but who the hell cares, i'll be able to run & play with my grandkids some day..

Don't take No for an answer, Don't give up, Don't Ever give up...

Re-Vision

I think the real problem with heart surgery is the quacks want you to believe that if it didn't come from the AMA is has to be a snake oil.    BDC

Lucky

I only know about it what i just read online.. i had to look it up, never heard of it before...  and the couple of sites i read sounded... cheesy.
def not an informed opinion...

Re-Vision

I've done a lot of research the last couple of days,doesn't make me an expert or even correct but this is something you might consider for yourself. I realize I'm gambling with my life but I lost confidence in the medical profession a long time ago.

http://www.angioprim.com/Learnmore/Medicalacceptance.asp?RepID=10005

Tomorrow I'm going to attempt to find a clinic to provide injections rather than oral chelation.   BDC

supervision

Hey lucky, glad you made it thru, your problem, hope you can recover and be well
" border="0

h2olawyer

Lucky -

Just checked out ROV for the first time in months & was immediately greeted with this thread.  Wow!  Glad you are healing and on the mend.  Won't be keeping close tabs on what's happening, but you and your family are in my thoughts & prayers.

Take care of yourself & hope to be in better communication with my ROV family soon.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

JohnAMcG

I gotta say, I am with Re-vision on this one.  I don't know much about the therapy in particular, but I have also lost all trust of the medical profession.  You know it is illegal to "cure" cancer?  Once upon a time in this country, there were thousands of medical schools all with competing therapies and holistic and natural medicine was being taught and improved as it has been for thousands of years.  Then the AMA came and shut them all down.  It is sad to think of the knowledge lost.  Also, it is interesting that those with faith in the Lord, tend to survive terminal illnesses considerably longer than those without.  May be just that it gives them a reason to keep living, but may be divine intervention, I don't know.  I watched a long 1-2 hour special about a man who got his legs caught in a combine on discovery Health many years ago.  I will never forget it, although I can find no eveidence of it having ever existed.  He had nothing but bone below his knees, but refused to let the doctors amputate.  For 2 years he stayed bedridded as his bones became bleached, and he met with every type of "quack" holistic and faith healer he could find.  Miraculously, little things started happening, and the flesh began to crawl down his legs,  2 more years, and his legs were muscles again and he could walk.  I would never have believed it if I hadnt seen it myself.  I watched the AIDS conference in DC live in 1999 I believe, and they had a speaker with a cure.  I thought this was a historic event, and wanted to tape it.  He had a contraption that circled the blood out of the body like a dialysis machine, and used some type of electro-magnetic waves to gently heat the blood and kill the virus.  He had a panel of 5 people that he had removed all trace of the virus from.  I watched him interview his panel live, on TV.  When I went to research this a year later there was no evidence of it having ever happened.  Finally last year, I read a blog where someone else had seen what I saw.  Someone picked up on it and did a story, and they found that his license had been taken, and he was now a janitor or something like that.  His labs were all seized, and he refused to do any interviews, even to the point of saying that it was not him and he was never there.   I can't say one way or the other, but the doctors think they know everything, and I doubt if we understand 1% of what goes on in our own bodies.  Faith is a powerful thing. 

Thanks for the link ReVision, that was an interesting read. 

Sorry for the long post, it is something I am passionate about.  You are all in my prayers, get well soon.  Much love -JM
-JM

Lucky

First, i've gotta say THANK YOU to everyone for their well wishes & support.  i'm not at all a religous man, but the prayers are appreciated too.

I go back in Tuesday the 31st for the second, & what should be final stents. then it's cardiac therepy.  they lifestyle change is already well under way, & I should be back on the bikes in time to get some riding in this year. (also gotta get the wife & son some training time too)

--Lucky

Ron_McCoy

Good news Lucky!  I hope all goes well.
                                                Ron

Rick G

lucky , I just wandered in here , and was shocked , by this post ! Good to hear you are on the mend !
Best wishes,  Rick.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Lucky